|Chapter 3

✎ 𝙰𝚔𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒 𝙿𝙾𝚅

✎ 𝙰𝚔𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"You seem awfully tired and spaced out today. Seems like you went on a shopping spree with your mom", Karthik laughed while slouching over the bean bag in our resting room.

We have this really cool room with soft couches, beds and some snacks laid to take a break from the packed schedule. Karthik is my dear friend since my first year in the medical. We are exactly the opposite of each other actually.

He is like the polite and sensible one while I am somewhat the impulsive and straightforward one. He always makes fun of me as we have to hide our friendship from my mom. Literally we are just good friends, godamn.

"So how is your mom's wedding spree going on? I am surprised that she hasn't yet made an account in matrimonial sites", I rolled my eyes hitting his arms forcefully.

"Shut up, Karthik. I am already fed up with these stupid antics of hers. She didn't even leave the chance to insult about that in front of Aadrik's mom", I whined like a baby.

"You mean that guy you have a crush on since two decades?", he laughed even more holding his stomach.

"When did I develop a crush on that sponge bob square pants? He was my fucking bully in school and moreover he dated my ex-bestfriend", I shuddered shaking my head. I can't even spend a day peacefully before his thoughts seep into me like a snake.

"Yeah, its not as if you will marry that Lee Minho", you can't just burst the fangirl's delusional bubble like that, you idiot!

"And you can win over Brinda's heart?", He immediately looked around before pushing me down with his palms tightly closing my mouth.

"Don't you dare bring her up here now. The walls aren't soundproof", he pleaded slowly. I was trying to not burst in laughter.

Brinda is the new intern in the hospital and I admit she is beautiful and sweet which might have made Karthik take immense liking towards her. So, where is fun if I can't tease him like idiotic teenagers?

"Then you better not make fun of my tantrums", I smirked checking my chipped nails as if they are made of gold.

"Hey, you can't take advantage of my weakness like that", a cute frown formed upon his forehead.

"We are even, dear", I stuck my tongue out before sprinting out of the room.

When I came back home, everyone were getting ready for some 'important event' and might have forgotten there is another species in the house.

"Akriti beta, get ready in your best clothes. We are going to a very important dinner tonight and you better be in your best behavior", my mom ever so sweetly patted my cheeks.

I can sense the bad vibes from miles here...

"Um... alright mom", I uncertainly eyed her before walking into my room. Too tired to bother about the sudden change in her mannerism, I freshened up and got dressed in a maroon v neck soft jumpsuit as I am not a big fan of dresses.