|Chapter 27

✎ 𝙰𝚊𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚔 𝙿𝙾𝚅 

✎ 𝙰𝚊𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚔 𝙿𝙾𝚅 

Yesterday's events and words played like cold drippling water on a dark night. I am indeed ashamed of myself to have promised her a better life but still managed to fail it miserably. Maybe disappointment is my real surname ever since childhood.

Everyone warned the kids about me as if I am a plague, not a child too. As if I am something that is disgusting and gross or very much dangerous. I am the worst example of a human according to them. 

A rich spoilt brat who doesn't care for sentiments and deserves no sign of adoration. No appreciation is needed because well... I have money and power. What else needed anyway?

Immoral but I had to survive. Coming from a small town where everyone in the school is either a relative or kind enough to be friends anytime to an international school were everything just rounds around negativity, it was difficult to survive school. Couldn't complain about every single punch or bruise to parents every day crying, can I?

Below average grades and naïve personality, what a combination to attend the infamous school. Aakriti was the reason I managed to graduate out of the hell hole. Even if I was the exact opposite of her in every possible way, the teachers didn't dare to remove her from my radar. 

She was the one who would complete all of my works and summarize the night before exams to let me score high enough to not let my parents down. 

I was jealous... very much that it blinded everything. Years of such negging examples and vexation made me realize, fear is the only way I could earn respect in the school. She would never say no to me, I knew it. I was jealous of how she is perfect in whatever she does, even if it is the first time. 

I envied the way she was the eye candy and the epitome of warmth for everyone. I hated how she got all the attention and the power to control everything under her in the school but still smother under the desk to avoid the lashes of her father at home. Crying and shivering while her mom and sister fueled the tantrums. Pathetic, however beautiful.

Exemplary grades, ideal curriculum and good looks, she had everything. The way her eyes lit up every time she enters the canteen and sees her favorite menu even if she had burnt purple marks under the sleek white shirt made me wonder how can someone me so...superficial. 

Doesn't she feel anything? How can she mask everything so effortlessly while I barely manage to not cry for a paper cut? I would never know....

"Aren't you supposed to be out an hour ago?", she sounds annoyed. I look at my fingers who have wrinkles now for standing in water for such a long time.