|Chapter 30

Aadrik and I lied down comfortably on the plane beside each other

Aadrik and I lied down comfortably on the plane beside each other. It is going to be a long, twelve-hour flight.

"When will you join the hospital?" Aadrik asked out of the blue.

"Probably after we come back home? I have applied for the vacancy but haven't received any mail," I pursed my lips, doubting whether I would get into the university hospital.

"It might take a week. I need to work on the HR team in the hospital," he thought. "And I might be visiting often, I suppose," he playfully added, making me chuckle.

"The gynecology department wouldn't pose a problem, though, and you wouldn't have a reason to visit me anyway," he smirked upon hearing my words.

"I make rules, and I make reasons too, darling." I shook my head at his answer.

I really hope this much-needed vacation clears our burnout. With that, I shut my eyes to take a nap, which turned into a full-fledged slumber.

I felt a slight tap over my arms that caused me to stir up in sleep.

"We are almost landing, princess." I smiled upon hearing the newest nickname.

"I just want to sleep," I yawned as we arrived at the hotel. The luxurious hotel had at least a few twenty-foot floors as we stepped into the transparent elevator. We were accompanied by the general manager himself to assure us that all the facilities are of the finest quality.

"You slept like a panda on the plane for all the twelve hours," he said, rolling his eyes as I huffed, changing the direction of my neck.

"As if it wasn't your fault for just skimming through bundles of paper after naming this trip our little 'vacation'", I hit his forearm pretty hard as he winced a little.

"I apologize, darling. I need to feed a village," he fervently rubbed my stomach, making my already irritated mood worse.

"Well, then you can gladly ascend your throne, the couch tonight," I shot a dark glare, making him chuckle. The manager awkwardly cleared his throat to disrupt the little banter.

Aadrik's face turned stoic, and yet again, nodding, we entered the presidential suite. It had a giant staircase connecting the master bedroom to the living room, followed by a guest room and dining area. A conference area is attached to another balcony covered in glass from roof to floor. A golden chandelier hung in the middle gave off a sheer yellow shade to the entire suite.

Aadrik's assistant had kept our belongings neatly organized in the walk-in closet. I am sure he left a quick text to Aadrik's parents about our stay in the hotel by now.

"I am famished," he groaned, making my stomach grumble in agreement. We took a quick shower (separately), and the food arrived on time as he entered the bedroom in nothing but a towel around his waist.

My heart fell into a pit, soaking up the sinful sight in front of me. The food was long forgotten, with the ungodly thoughts completely enrapturing my mind.