|Chapter 25

✎𝙰𝚊𝚔𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝙰𝚊𝚔𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Aadrik was supposed to come back home at 12 but its already 2 in the afternoon. I am beyond pissed now. I mean what does he consider himself to be? The company can function perfectly if he didn't go for few days. 

"Excuse me, ma'am. Can I know where you are heading to? You are not from the company and I am afraid we have to do a security check", the receptionist stopped me from entering the private elevator.

"I am heading towards Mr. Aadrik Agnihotri's office chamber. I am his wife Aakriti Agnihotri", I replied coldly. Every time I come into the company building, I have to go through this because there can never be the same person on the desk.

"I am sorry ma'am but we cannot verify that. We find many women coming in saying the same", she just wasn't ready to accept that.

"Now what am I supposed to do? I don't have an ID saying I am his wife and I have to meet him urgently. Where is his secretary then?", I asked impatient by each passing second.

After almost an hour of some procedure and not at all informing Aadrik, they finally let me in. 

"Aadrik, weren't we supposed to go visit your grand mom four hours before", I folded my hands in front of my chest questioning him.

He was still engrossed inside the computer and was not batting an eyelid. He looked at me for a second apologetically and turned back towards the screen.

"I am so sorry, Aakriti. This particular project is very important and I will be done in five minutes", he murmured typing something furiously.

"What about us? Isn't your family important? You are always busy in something and never spend time with anyone. You told me you would take leave for two weeks, canceled it. You agreed for the dinner but now look at you. I am rethinking that are we even married?", I threw hands in exasperation.

"Please stay silent for few minutes. I need to concentrate", he looked irritated and I am livid.

"Fine! Do whatever you want and I wouldn't disturb you. I am going for the dinner alone, when you finally feel obligated to join. Please do consider the invitation", I gave him a sarcastic smile and slammed the door shut.

I could hear Aadrik groan and curse at something but I am shaking in rage. A relationship works both ways, if I am going to mend down and make time for us. Put efforts to make this work, he should at the least cooperate. If he doesn't want it, then let it be. 

"Take me to the mansion", I gestured the driver. He bowed immediately sensing that its best to keep quite at the moment.

I sat leaning over the cold glass window. The buzzy streets and posh skyscrapers looked hazy as I drifted off to thoughts.

Its been more than a year and half of this marriage and we don't even act like a normal couple. The small bond we created for sometime is yet again getting distanced. Our individual lives is just revolving around work and just work. 

This is so worrisome, alongside the hospital staffs aren't listening to me and making it harder after that mother's death. The patient's family is threatening to file an FIR and get my license terminated.

Everything is turning in the wrong direction and on top of that, he is making it hard now. Thought some family time would give me some peace nonetheless, it is  tarnished even more.

Mom is pestering about when will she get to have a grandchild. I am still a fucking virgin! What do you mean have a kid at this time? We don't even sleep together or go on a movie date due to our schedules.

He even forgot  my birthday and came back home at 11 holding a bouquet of roses and an expensive neckpiece as an apology gift. As if those roses can solve the issue.

We haven't even kissed more than five times after the wedding. The heck are we even? I am questioning if we are really in love or simply got habituated to each other's presence in the house?

My phone started vibrating and I checked the caller ID. Grimacing that it wasn't a certain someone, I swiped right.

"Good evening, Sir. Is something wrong?", I asked my senior surgeon.

"Evening, Mrs. Agnihotri." Ouch, that hurts.

"I was talking to the dean today...."

"And?", I am not liking where this is headed to.

"He is firm on the decision to remove you from the hospital. The case is ruining our hospital's reputation. Those family members are very powerful and are threatening the management", I just hummed in response.

"I am really sorry", every one are just using the same word but I don't know if they mean it. Do they?

"The cause of death was not post partum hemorrhage but her heavy intake of anti depressants. How can they even blame it on me?", I am in disbelief now. They do not care about the patient at all, it must be some other motive.

 "And it is proven too! But...you know the management, they are pressurizing us, I tried hard to stop them but they aren't listening", he sighed. My senior surgeon is someone I admire a lot in the field. He has taught me a lot over the two years.

"You are the only junior I agreed to keep under me because I admire the dedication and hard work you proved in merely one case. Only two years of experience and I am so proud of how skilled you are, Aakriti. 

On the bright side, I was planning on recommending you to the main hospital of the city. I guess I can do that now", he chuckled lightly. 

"Thank you, Sir. You did everything you could have and I am extremely grateful for that", my throat felt dry as I choked to keep the tears at bay.

"It hurts me to do this when you did nothing wrong. You can come tomorrow and give the resignation letter and take the recommendation letter. I will be waiting", I looked at my lap taking deep breaths. I cut the call when we arrived at the Manor.

Aadrik's mom came rushing outside beaming at the car as I hurriedly wiped the corners of my eyes and waved at her.

It is always a disaster when I come out of home.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Read • Vote • Comment • Share