|Chapter 13

✎ 𝙰𝚔𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒 𝙿𝙾𝚅

✎ 𝙰𝚔𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Akriti, wake up! It is so late", I heard someone whine loudly and they might have been trying to wake me up for an hour already.

"I am never going on a rollercoaster again!", I groaned as they started tickling me.

"I didn't ask you to either. Get up baby and freshen up, we need to get back home", Aadrik pecked my forehead and went away.

Wait for what!?

I jerked up a bit and started to rethink my life decisions. The fuck happened yesternight...

"Well... guess who is regretting going overboard last night now", I sighed before hopping off the comfortable fluffy bed and rushing to the bathroom as I heard him yelling again from downstairs.

After quickly finishing my business, I grabbed one of the oversized hoodies and sweatpants from the closet and threw them over me before stepping out of the room.

"Did you sleep well?", he smiled sweetly gesturing me to sit opposite him on the table. He started serving some freshly cooked waffles and Nutella.

"Uh...yeah", I nervously tucked my hair strand and picked the forks. I can't even meet his eyes after I acted like a drunk dinosaur yesterday and here he is as if nothing happened.

"You want something more?", he asked adding some orange juice to the glass. "No..I.. the food is delicious", I turned my gaze to the untouched food.

"Thank you but we need to rush back home. Mom called to inform that and hence complete your food."

"Oh...okay", I continued to munch.

We reached home after an hour-long thick tension-hanging drive. To make it worse we had to argue over which music would play in the car and ended with just a silent ride.

"How was the night, darling?", maa hugged me. "It was great, maa", very great.

"I am glad you both enjoyed", she smiled and ordered the worker to serve us some coffee because I didn't get my morning dose of serotonin due to 'oh we need to be a healthy arrogant ass'.

"So... we thought why not you both live together?", papa started the topic. "We are living together, right?", I asked confused.

"Uh... not like that dear. Just you two", he grinned.

"Why dad? We are happy here with you two", Aadrik insisted.

"But that is what we don't want. You both are working day and night not spending time with each other. Then when you get back home, you will stick to us. How will your bond get stronger if you two do this?", and we don't want to make it stronger either.

"But-"

"But what, Akriti. We can take care and it is just an hour's drive. Also, it will be nearer to his office and your hospital", she had a point there.