|Chapter 9

✎ 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Akriti was fidgeting over her small bag nervously as they entered their bedroom. The entire family was asleep by now as Akriti's heartbeat quickened with every step he took near her.

"Care to explain what were you doing with her?", the death glare he had was enough to send shivers through her spine.

"She is my friend, Aadrik and it was my wish to meet her after such a long time", she replied with hesitance.

"Oh so you forgot all those dramas of high school? She used you-" 

"You both did!", she cut him off.

"You both used me to your benefits and time pass", she continued.

"It isn't the topic now. What I am trying to say is that she is bad... very bad for both of us and our lives now. Avoid her as much as possible", he pointed his fingers at her.

"Or else what? You can't fucking control my life all along just because of your fat bank account, elated ego and being my husband", she gritted under her teeth.

"You better stop this now, Akriti", his eyes held warning.

"Why should I? I had enough for not standing up against you for myself. I won't let you make my life even more miserable than you did when we were teenagers", Aadrik slowly wrapped his palm around her head pulling her slightly with hair in front of him.

"You wouldn't like what I would become next, kitten. And surely that would get you a rude awakening", he hissed as his lips touched her ears. She inhaled sharply closing her eyes.

"I don't care, do I? You have given me enough haunting nightmares for life. Another one won't be a big deal", her eyes had the same intensity as his.

⊷ Flashback ⊶

Akriti placed her extra books in the locker and turned around to meet a beaming Myra and Seema. They were her only friends... because they talked to her even though they came to get her perfect notes.

"You look beautiful today", Seema exclaimed making Akriti smile awkwardly.

"Thanks! You look good too", they walked in silence through the corridor. Aadrik was goofing around with his friends at a random bench when his eyes met Akriti's. He stared for a while and hence she looked away blushing a bit. The small crush too obvious from her...

"Aww, isn't he cute? And he is staring at you. What is the news, huh?", Myra teasingly smiled.

"How could he not from her?", Seema joined.

Akriti frowned as he bumped into a junior and started yelling at him. She hated when someone violated others' silence.

"Go stop him before he almost kills that poor guy", they ushered her as she blinked questioning  why they were pushing her to the front. But as she saw him beating the younger one she held her hand out.