|Chapter 5

✎ 𝙰𝚔𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒 𝙿𝙾𝚅

✎ 𝙰𝚔𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒 𝙿𝙾𝚅

All I want to do right now is run away... far away where no one can make me squirm with judging gazes, throw nasty comments and lecture me of being the 'typical wife'. Far away from the ever so gorgeously waiting devil of the doom.

But still here I am clad in a very heavy lehenga with hand covered with beautiful henna, his name and twinkling bangles. Well... now that it is reality, his name on my palm while mine on his.

He did get the sky and earth come together in order to make me get tied to him forever. From bearing all of my tantrums to hearing all the painfully long advices about marriages with me. He had to go through everything with me and I can't help but smile remembering those adorable faces he did to escape the torture.

We aren't on talking terms even now, actually just me. But it is just that whenever he is around all the past memories blur my vision, haunting me to death yet making me weak on my knees as he comes closer and closer.

Feeling his rich cologne, nonstop banter, the devilishly handsome self teasing me with his hot breaths... there is nothing that can help me attracting towards him like a light moth. I can't get enough of him, some might be surprise and some are just plain... weird about him.

My hands are trembling and are pretty much sweaty as I clasp the skirt and loosen the grip every second to calm myself. The raging heartbeat thinking what is in store me for future... with him is driving me crazy. Am I even ready to hold onto all the responsibilities, or at least good enough? I guess, I will again be the same epitome of disappointment to the family as usual.

"Stop scratching, fool. You look... good, wear makeup daily to hide your ugly face from your husband", ahh there came my evil sister.

"Mention not, dear sister. He has seen it all, we practically grew up through our teenage seeing each other every day", I roll my eyes at her pathetic attempt to make me feel like shit.

I have gone through worse...

"But still... I don't want parents to again be burdened if he dump you back to the house saying you are already damaged or... isn't pretty enough which might be true", she clicked her tongue.

"Why am I not surprised? You are still dumb to think I am participating in a runway fashion show not wedding. And for him... you don't have to worry about our issues its way better than yours, unlike you I can fill my stomach myself without others' support too", I gritted under my teeth.

"Oh really? Did you forget all the unforgivable things he did to you and started to trust him so easily? Silly Akriti...", she triumphantly smirked seeing me sit frozen. Do I trust him?

"Enough of your sister talks, the muhurat is on. Lets get you to the aisle", my mother hushed us out and grabbed my hand making me stumble three steps. I walked outside when a few hundred pairs of eyes suddenly fell on me.