Chapter 12

A small knock on my door turned my attention away and I opened it to see Ruby and Matt wearing light blue clothes. Ruby's dress was long, and her bump was now noticeable. I embraced her and placed my hand on her belly. Matt was smiling goofily, and I laughed. He did a little spin in his outfit. He was wearing a light blue shirt, with the sleeves rolled up and the first few buttons were undone. Matching those were black trousers, fitting enough to suit him but loose enough to deal with the unexpected heat of the sanctuary.

We walked down following the crowds of people into a large hall. Tables lined the spaces and people were sat not based on colour but all together. It was a beautiful display of unity.

On the ceiling was a chandelier each light a different colour making the roof look like a rainbow. Three large windows at the back had outlines of wolves, one running, one sitting and one howling.

As we entered the room went silent. All eyes were on us as I felt a little uneasy under their gaze. I looked further in until I saw Iris. She was holding her chin high and I breathed out and copied that.

I held my head high and Nightingale copied. We floated through the room and joined Iris at the front. I sat down next to her, breathing heavily but trying not to let it show. Matt and Ruby sat with us.

"As you are all aware, a new titan has joined us. We welcome my niece, Autumn, here tonight and give thanks to the moon goddess for finally reuniting her with us. Let's make her and her guests feel most welcomed now she is finally home. Now let's eat."

Food began to be served and the hall was filled with noise. The attention was taken off me and I was grateful to be once again hidden from the room. A server came and asked if I wanted meat, fish, or vegetarian before bringing us our food. We ate in comfortable conversation as Ruby spoke about her new baby and shared the journey, we went through with those around us. I sat silently eating a delicious pea and lentil soup.

After the main course, some people began to have dessert. I decided this would be a good time to excuse myself. I left the table and walked to the bathrooms, pointed out to me by a waitress, to see Poseidon standing outside the doors. He turned and walked up to me towering over me. I had to strain my neck to look him in the eye. We held eye contact for a brief moment before he walked away.

I shook off the weird feeling before walking into the bathroom. Walking into a stall, some girls followed closely behind me. I sat and listened to them chat.

"Did you see how Poseidon has been looking at her all evening? Watching her like a hawk." One girl said.

"Autumn is very beautiful, but I would never believe he would be interested in a titan." The other replied.

"I mean Poseidon is just as hunky, isn't he? I'd swim with that." They both laughed before leaving the bathroom.

It was nice to eavesdrop on people when they weren't talking shit about someone. I stepped into the main part as soon as I knew it was clear and touched up my paint before heading back into the main hall. I noticed a lot of people were leaving. A woman was holding a child, both dressed in purple.

"Excuse me, where is everyone going?" I asked her. She immediately bowed her head and explained in a very strong Aussie accent that people were dancing in the next room. I thanked her and found that Ruby and Matt were dancing in the other room.

I smiled at how happy they looked dancing to the music I had never heard of before. I loved it.

I thought back to what Iris said about mates and it made me wonder if I would get one. As Iris began giving another toast, I slipped through the back of the crowd and into the fresh cool night air. I inhaled deeply letting it clear my lungs before holding up my dress and walking slowly through the town.