Chapter 15

I spent the next week planning the mating ceremony. I picked the food, the décor, the music and so much more. It was a task I had zero skills to undertake but I picked up a book and began the work.

Invitations had been sent out to respected packs inviting all to attend. Very few packs knew about the sanctuary and only a handful of people in those packs knew of it. Everyone in the town was of course invited as long as they were older than 18. People who were mated could come if they wished and many had replied saying they were in attendance.

Food would come as a buffet, filled with fruits, sweet treats, and hot snacks before the moon reached its highest point. Many would already know their mates were in the room but were expected to wait until the time before uniting with them. I was using fans to mix up the scents in the hope of keeping the night a little more magical for everyone.

Flags and ribbons of all colours would decorate every table, chair, and the walls. Every door was to be opened allowing the biggest flow of people in and out of rooms.

The heavy planning had meant I hadn't seen anyone for about a week until it came to my dress fitting with a grumpy and pregnant Ruby. Wolf pregnancies were a lot quicker, and she was already halfway through. It would be only another two weeks before she would give birth. It meant she couldn't wear the dress she wanted to.

"I look fat, A." I laughed as she grumbled to the poor woman trying to pin the dress around her. It was a long light blue ball gown and she looked beautiful.

"You are growing a baby inside of you, R. I promise you will look more amazing than anyone in that hall. And the only person who matters will think the same." She grumbled again before turning to face me.

I watched as the face turned into a smirk and knew something had come into her mind.

"Well, I have been wondering myself about why you're throwing this party in the first place. I think it has something to do with a certain hulky soldier."

I blushed thinking about him and tried to hide it. "I don't know what you mean?" I tried to be slick, but Ruby knew me better than anyone.

"You are a terrible liar and you always have been. So, is there anything you're keeping from me?"

"It's nothing." Ruby came and sat beside me. Her face lit up and I could tell she wanted every detail.

"We kissed." She squealed. "But it was one tiny kiss, and I haven't seen him in a week."

"Describe every detail. Please." I laughed and explained every moment of it. She stayed silent nodding and began to grin.

"So, you like him then?" I smiled and blushed thinking about how much he consumed my thoughts in a way that had never happened before.

"I don't know. He is intriguing definitely. I guess I would have to spend more time with him."

"You know Matt has picked a plot of land to build our house. We're staying here, A."

"Really?" My face lit up and I walked over to her, careful to embrace her avoiding the pins.

"I know you're going to stay. I've never seen you anywhere so comfortable before. It suits you." I smiled and we chatted about what colours she was going to paint the nursery.

I then tried on my dress. It was also light blue, with a cowl top and fitted to my curves. It stopped just above my knees. I gave Ruby a little spin and she clapped and whistled. I laughed and jokingly asked her to stop.

We both turned as a cough brought our attention. Stood in a completely black suit was Poseidon, standing next to his father. I watched as his eyes looked intently at every part of me. I hadn't seen him since the cave and his presence brought that moment back.