Chapter 14

He took my hand, and I held my breath at the connection. He gently led me through the corridors. The corridor was dark as the candles weren't lit but we carried on. Soon he stopped and pulled the ribbon from my hair, watching as it fell back into a bob.

"Do you trust me?" He whispered as he stood behind me, just stopping short of putting the ribbon over my eyes.

I nodded hesitantly and he covered my eyes with the ribbon. It wasn't completely blinding but it worked. I heard a door click and his hand fell back into mine. I let him pull me into the room and the door shut again. He led me further in before moving things around. I heard curtains being drawn and a window being opened followed by a breeze rushing over my body.

I felt him behind me, his chest against my back as he undid the ribbon. It fell to the floor and my eyes could not believe what they were seeing. I looked around at a massive floor-to-ceiling library. Books littered every shelf with categories carved into the wood. Sliding ladders were on each part and there were so many books, tables were covered in them. I laughed a little and looked at Poseidon who was looking right at me.

"It's absolutely beautiful." I was taken aback and began to look around at the books. Some were in English, but many were in other languages. Some were fiction but others told stories of wolves, witches, werewolves, elves, and all sorts of creatures. I found myself almost running from bookshelf to bookshelf to look at every book.

Poseidon was watching me, leaning against a bookshelf with his arms crossed over his chest. As I looked at him, I noticed the plaque over a shelf.

'Autumn's library'

I put down a book I was carrying and walked closer to it.

"Iris had it built for you when you were 7. She had no idea if you would ever see it and kept it a secret from everyone. Except me." He grinned as I gave him a look.

"To be fair to her, she tried. But I liked trouble at that age."

"Nothing has changed." Iris was stood by the door. "You will never listen to me, will you?" She sighed and I laughed when he smirked, but his smile vanished when he saw Iris's gaze.

"It's truly amazing, thank you. How did you know I liked books?"

She began to explain how my mother and she wrote letters to each other as I was growing up, so she always knew what I was up to. Things had changed over time and the letters stopped coming. That's why the box appeared to me on the mountaintop.

"If I couldn't talk to your mother, I had to talk to you instead."

"Why did she never tell me any of this? This is such a huge part of my life and I never got to choose to be part of it."

"Parents are not perfect, Autumn. I asked her to tell you, but I wasn't going to go against her wishes of keeping it a secret. She had her reasons. That's all I know." I sighed and turned back to the book I was looking at.

It was a big, bright-coloured book on 'The History of Titans'. I found an armchair by the window and curled up placing the book on my lap and began to read it.

"Let's leave her to read, Poseidon." He followed her out and I was alone.

I read the book and skimmed through the pages trying to find anything about mates inside of it. I was jealous of what Ruby had, regretfully and wished to not be alone.

'Normal werewolves know their mates as soon as they see them once they come of age. For titans, however, it is more difficult. As the human and wolf parts are separate, the only way a titan will meet their mate is when their two parts are closest together. This is during a full moon. It is proper practice to have a mating ceremony every full moon to allow all wolves to find their mates from different packs at the same time.'