Chapter 13

The next morning, I had breakfast delivered to my room as a gift from Iris. I thanked the maid who brought it to me and took it into my room. Sitting down, there was a small card.

'Cinnamon in your hot chocolate. Just how your mother liked it.'

I smiled and took a sip, revelling in the memories of my mother even though I never met her. I gobbled down the sweet pancakes before getting dressed.

I took the tray down into the kitchen and began cleaning the dishes until a woman in purple pushed me away, telling me it wasn't my job. I tried to insist but she did them anyway. A younger woman walked up to me dressed in a red cheongsam. Red was for Asia. She had black hair tied up with beautiful clips.

"Don't worry about her. Cleo is a proper sourpuss. I am Fa Ismau. Is there anything I can help you with?" She had a soft, silky voice.

"Is there anywhere I could get flowers?"

"You can pick them straight out of the garden. Would you like me to show you the way?" It was a kind gesture that I graciously accepted.

We walked side by side further into the castle until large glass doors revealed the garden.

As far as the eye could see were rows and rows of all different kinds of trees, flowers, fruits, and vegetables.

"The garden was the first thing created in the sanctuary. It sustains all life here for food and medicine. Only the most gifted botanist are allowed to work here. but all are welcome to pick what they need when they need it. Greed doesn't affect those who have it all."

I thanked her and Ismau walked back into the castle to finish off tidying the kitchen.

I picked up a basket and began drifting through the rows. I noticed green, purple, red, pink, and orange flowers until I found the beautiful golden roses. I picked a few placing them in the basket and walked back towards the castle.

Placing the basket down on a bench, I cut the bottoms of the stems and tied them up with brown and golden spotted ribbon.

Holding the bouquet, I leisurely plodded towards the cemetery.

Kira's grave didn't have a stone, but I recognised it straight away. It was beside a large blossom tree that had gifted her with beautiful golden blossoms.

"Ah, if only you could have seen this place, Kira. You could eat all the peaches you like. Several varieties I'm sure." I giggled, placing the flowers down, and stood with closed eyes taking in the surroundings.

Birds sung delicate tunes, winds bristled through the plants and the sweet smell of the summer nectar filled my nose.

Once I opened my eyes again, I noticed another standing by a grave. On closer inspection, it was Poseidon.

I walked slowly towards him not wanting to disturb him. I stopped when I heard his voice.

"You would just love her mum. She is so sweet but has this hidden fierceness. I know you think my annoying side will get that out and I'll try, I promise." He laughed. Sighing, his tone turned serious.

"Father already wants me to just forget about it. He doesn't want me to fall in love with a titan. 'Just think with your head, son.' That's all he says about the matter, but what if I want to follow my heart? If only you were here to tell me what to do." He sniffed a little and wiped his face before turning and seeing me.

"How long were you standing there?" Immediately he got defensive.

I held my hands up, "I came to visit Kira. I didn't want to interrupt."