Chapter 19

(A/N: Harry's night fury)

"talking"
Other magical being's language
Parseltounge
Death
Life

Writer's POV

After checking in, the group separated to 2 groups. Harry went with Bill,
Charlie and Percy to check out the Dragon Reserve while Lilian, Fred and George will visit the towns to see if they can get any ideas to upgrade magical Britain. The adults will go on their own expedition.

"remember, we'll meet up with you at the lobby before dinner. Understood?" the others nodded and split up. The Dragon Reserve is located in the middle of the mountain, at the edge of the city.

"how are we going to get there?" Charlie asks. "i have a port key. The owner, Alexander told me that the Griffindor family owns the property and Lilian gave me permission to use her port key, as long as you-" Harry points at Charlie. "-don't disappoint her, got it?" Charlie nods. They hold onto the key that acts as the port key to the reserve and holds on when Harry yells,"drax!"

They went through the feel like tube and lands on a plot of grass. "welcome to the Dragon Reserve, everyone." a tall, pale skinned, dirty blonde-haired man greets them. "I'm Alexander Ridgebit, the current owner of Romanian Dragon Reserve. You can call me Alex. I hope you don't mind a bit of hiking." Alex starts leading them through the mountain.

"if you don't mind me asking, why did the port key only reach the edge of the mountain and not inside the reserve?" Bill asked. "great question! The reason why we do this is to make sure that no dragon smugglers are able to enter inside the facility. Even the workers have to hike inside as the reserve is surrounded by charms and runes that prevents any transportation via. brooms and apparation. "

They finally arrived at the reserve. The facility is surrounded by a cage that the adult dragon's lives in." as you can see, the dragons are in hibernation and will be shedding some of their skin regularly every night. Our job right now is to collect the shedding and to make sure not to wake them up, especially the mother's They will feel threatened and that will not be a pretty sight." we stopped by at the interview room. The others are allowed to roam around the facilities while the interview is running.

Harry's POV

I decided to visit the offsprings while waiting. The offsprings are kept near their mothers and they were not allowed to leave without their mothers around. So, i was pretty safe.

I sat down on a bench, near the cages of the wild offsprings that are flying around. That's when i noticed a particular offsprings inside the cage. It was alone rather than in a group. It is much bigger than the rest and didn't resemble the others as well. It has black scales on it's torso with white tips on the ears. The Dragon's teeth are retractable and the mouth seems to be glowing blue.

"That's a night fury. The last one of it's kind." (A/N: how to train your dragon reference) Charlie explains and sat down next to me. "Alex told me that they spotted a light fury near the river mountains, running away from wizards. The tail broke and it crash into the waters. It passed away soon after. They looked around and found it's egg in a nest, on top of a tree. It was believed that the mother was trying to lead the smugglers from the nest." i turned back and looked closer.

I thanked him for the information. "let's head back." i said, getting up and was about to leave when a whisper said to me. "don't go" "who's there?" i turn back to the cage and there it was, the night fury, standing up using the cage bars with the light fury hovering behind it. "don't go, master." it called out.

"what do you mean master?" i asked it. "your magic. It called out to me. Mother used to tell me that when a wizard's magic calls out to you, it means that the wizard is your master and your magic is nice and your mgic tell me that you would mean no harm to me." i stepped closer to the cage, my hand going over the bar and hovers over it's head." give me a name, master." "Everton shall be your name." "i accept master."

I could hear Charlie panicking behind me but i paid no mind to him. The offspring hover closer until it's head touches my hand. A white light suddenly glows around us and blinds me for a moment. When i open my eyes, the night fury was cradled in my hands. Gasps sounded behimd me and i turned around. Alex, Charlie, Bill and Percy stared at the dragon in my arms. "i can't believe it. A dragon familiar! Only the king of magical Russia has it," Alex exclaimed loudly.

I stood there, not knowing what to do. I was pretty sure that i screwed up. "look, can we talk in private?" Alex nodded and brought me to his office. "alright spill." i took a deep breath and told him about my inheritance, our council and my tittle as the king of magical Russia. The only reason that By the end of it, Alex starts pacing across the room. "so, your telling me that your the king of magical Russia?"

"yes."

"and you have a Council and you didn't ask me to join?"

"y-what?!" i stuttered. " look, my family has an alliance with the Griffindor family for generations and I'm seriously offended that you didn't let me join. I'll even swear an oath, just let me join," Alex begged. I turned back to the 3 Weasley that followed inside. They just gave a thumbs up. I sigh and took out the pin. I'm only giving him a rank general for now. The Weasley are still our personal advisors. Alex bowed down gave his oath.

I pinned the pin onto his shirt collar. After that, We head back to town for lunch.