Chapter V : Sunset with Him

Red Maple
Sunday, 19.02

Drifting on a sandy shore,
I pick cerulean shells laying across and about, To bring smiles where needed the most.

Hey, guys! I hope you are doing well and still full of spirit! I met a new friend yesterday at Sangonomiya Cafe, and he liked my poem. It always makes me so happy to know that my poems bring happiness. I wish you all the best in life!
Oh, visit Sangonomiya Cafe once in a while. The bartender there, we call him Gorou, makes this awesome drink called Sparkling Peace of Moon. You're gonna love it! Plus, Gorou is a nice company to be with.

--Red Maple

**Salty Player Rate Off
Sunday, 19.24
Your poems are my favorite! I really want to meet you in person once I'm out of this rotten hospital.

**Waiting for Albedo rerun
Sunday, 19.25
That's a weird name for a drink, but I'll give it a shot since you recommended it. Nice poem, btw.

**Lady Wangy
Sunday, 20.18
Is Gorou single?

****

The first day of college wasn't that hard. Kazuha could breathe easily for now, since the classes were only about introductions to business management and all the difficult subjects' names. He got to know some classmates' names but didn't take any particular interest in them. He wished Gorou was one of his classmates. Too bad, Gorou had to work after graduating high school to support his family. Such a hardworking person deserved a better place in this world.

He left campus after the last class. It was almost sunset when he stood at the bus stop, looking at a board with the bus routes written on it. He didn't want to return home just yet, and Gorou's shift at Sangonomiya Cafe had ended this time of hour. Visiting the cafe without Gorou wouldn't feel the same..

“Hey, Kazuha!”

A familiar voice prompted him to look around. From the sea of people clad in jackets and carrying bags, a tall figure emerged. His smile and eyes were what Kazuha liked the most about him, as well as his name.

“Tomo? You're taking this bus, too?” he asked when Tomo towered beside him, panting like he had just run a marathon.
“Well, once in a while. Had to visit a relative on the way home from campus.” The taller man shrugged. He didn't bring his guitar like when Kazuha first met him. Instead, it was an ordinary backpack on his back. “And you?”
“Oh, I go to Inazuma Business School. It's this way.” Kazuha moved a little when a random person walked past him rudely.
“Wow, that's a cool school you go to.” Tomo's eyes followed the random man, glaring daggers at the back of the man's head. Then, he returned to meet Kazuha's eyes. “I thought you went to an art or language school.”
“Yeah, I wish. But my father suddenly enrolled me in the business major and I couldn't say no. So, here I am.” Kazuha shrugged nonchalantly.
“Bah, your father must be one hell of a strict man!” Tomo chuckled.
“Indeed!”

A bus arrived, and people were lining to get on it. Since Kazuha didn't want to go home yet, he waited for the next bus to a different location. Might as well let the wind carry him into the unknown.

“Where are you heading?” he asked Tomo who didn't move an inch from Kazuha's side.
“Wherever you're going.”
Kazuha felt a heat crept on his cheeks. “What? You don't have any destination?”
“You don't, either.” Tomo winked at him. “What about we wander a little? The city has endless spots to visit.”
Such a tease.  Kazuha cleared his throat. “Well, do you have any suggestion?”
“What about the beach? It's about a few stops from here. We may still have time to watch the sunset, and I heard poets find inspirations on open nature.”
“I do admire nature.” Kazuha nodded. “Then, I agree. Let's go to the beach.”