Chapter VII : A Secret Uncovered?

Gorou was angry.
Like, furious!
He looked at his phone, reading Kazuha's text over and over again. He should be happy that Kazuha texted him in the morning, even though he told the slightly younger man to text him last night. But this text of him contained some name that Gorou wished to disappear from the face of the earth.

Kazuha: Gorou! You won't believe what happened last night with me and Tomo. LMAO I'M SO STUPID!!!!
That was the reason he hadn't replied to Kazuha since this morning.

Just like any normal person in the world, Gorou had weaknesses. One of them was anger. He really needed to learn to maintain this side of him. Because anger wouldn't do anything against the fact that Kazuha favored Tomo over him.

Wait. It's not anger. It's jealousy.

Damn it.

Gorou wanted to pull his hair to the point he became a bald man now. He had had his chance for years, yet he hadn't even said a single 'I like you' to Kazuha! Maybe he had to create a fake account on that Golden Sunshine forum Kazuha roamed regularly and confessed on one of his posts. No, that will only earn him the stalker title.
Stupid brain making stupid scenarios.

He needed to stop thinking about that for now. Maybe later, he would devise a plan to confess- and maybe he could ask his older siblings about this. Yeah, he had to. He is literally an adult now. He is no longer the same kid that promised little Kazuha to be his best friend forever in that park ten years ago. He is a man in love.

The ringing of a bell indicated a customer just entered the cafe. Gorou quickly put aside the burning feeling in his chest, and greeted the customer cheerfully.

"Hello! Welcome! Would you like-oh." His tone dropped when he saw Tomo standing on the doorstep. He was wearing a thick jacket and had a bag on his back. A purple scarf was around his neck. Gorou sure it was scorching hot outside, but this guy looked like he was about to freeze to death.
"Heya, Gorou!" Tomo grinned, a hand was raised in an attempt to wave. "Tough day?" "Hmm." Gorou didn't mean to growl, but he just did.
Tomo took a seat at the corner of the cafe. According to Gorou's observation, this tall guy always sat at that very seat. Did he like secluding himself or what? He sighed, and took his notebook.
Whether he wanted it or not, he still needed to take his order as part of his job.
"Are you going to wait for Kazuha again before ordering anything?" he spat.
"I have no date with Kazuha today." The taller man shrugged.
"So it WAS a date!"
"What if it ... was?" Tomo gave him a smirk and slanted eyes, laughing at his face.
If punching a person real hard he lost a tooth wasn't a crime, maybe Gorou would have done that.
Gorou, stay composed! he reminded himself. Kazuha would hate me to death if I did that.
"You.... Let me warn you something," Gorou hissed, trying so that his voice wasn't heard by other customers. "Kazuha-"
"You like him, don't you?"
"What?"
Tomo rummaged through his bag. "Can I get a glass of water, please?"
The sudden topic change brought Gorou to a state of more confusion. "Uh, yeah. Whatever."

When he was about to leave, Tomo took something out from his bag. His hand slipped, and the small thing rolled on the floor. Gorou quickly ducked and grabbed it out of instinct, looking at the small bottle filled with pills in his hand and read the label.

"Oh, thanks! You're a lifesaver!" Tomo snatched the bottle from Gorou's hand.
"What is that?" he asked, suddenly feeling chills on the back of his neck. He didn't get to read the whole label, only the big letters. Though he didn't know the name, but a drug kept inside a small bottle like that gave him negative thoughts. He saw it in movies, he read it in books, and he remembered his parents' constant reminder of drugs.
What if this guy is using drugs for something bad? What if ... he was going to influence the innocent Kazuha?
"Hmm, let's just say that I have to take regular medication for ... my bones?"