Chapter VI :Waiting for You

Red Maple

Wednesday, 10.35 AM
Hello.
I hope you guys still remember me. I got into some kind of an accident, so I had to... go into solitude to calm my mind. Anyway, it's better now. Much better, though I have this weird thought about missing somebody so much but this person is right next to you.

I know it sounds strange, but you know, it's never too late to admit that you miss someone. Even if the person doesn't seem to miss you as you do. Because you'll never know when the world finally decides to play its questionable role in separating you two.

Ok, I'm out. For now. Got some things to sort out at campus.

--Red Maple

Real C1 Mona Haver

Hi. I've been following your posts now. You are talented, man! Ever thought of writing a collection of poems? I've got some acquaintances working in this field. Message me if you're interested.

Gajian Primogems
Oh, man. I hope you're fine. Been missing your poems. And I'm going to get my chemo next week.
Gonna miss my hair. Can you make a poem about hair?

Salty Player Rate Off
I'm having my surgery this Sunday! Whoo-hoo! I'm so excited!

***

Kazuha: Tomo? I've made up with my dad. I think. It's nice to be with him again, and also to see him smile more often. He even took me out and we played some arcade games together. We're becoming even more like father and son now, unlike before. It's all thanks to you. If you weren't there, if you didn't slap some senses to him, maybe we won't be like this. I just wish you will stop ignoring my texts and calls. I'll wait for you at Sangonomiya Cafe this Saturday at 5, our special place.

***

Sangonomiya Cafe was packed tonight. Well, tomorrow is going to be Saturday, and people love the weekend. They would spend Friday night outside with their friends and family, just having fun. Even Kazuha could feel the joy in the air around the cafe. The soft jazz music, the scent of coffee and salt, and also Gorou's endeavor to present the best service added to it. But maybe, he was the only one without the euphoria. He was missing someone. Someone that had claimed the seat at the corner of the cafe as his nest. Someone who peeked on his writing almost a month ago.

"Kazuha! Hey, come here! It's bustling today!" Gorou called him from one of the seats. He was dressed in a more formal suit today-a black dress shirt and a dark blue apron over it. He was even wearing a turquoise tie. His chestnut brown hair was slicked back, and to be honest, he looked handsome. The young man patted the empty seat at the corner. "I've booked this seat for you!"

Kazuha had told Gorou that he would visit the cafe and wait for Tomo. Again. At first, Gorou told him to just ignore the guy because he might be busy and will definitely return when the time comes. But Kazuha's guts told him to just come and wait. And that's how he's here now.
He decided to come to his friend's side, nodding a thank you, and sat down.

"Anything new from Tomo?" Gorou asked.

"No." Kazuha looked up at his friend. "Why are you dressed like you're going on a date?"

Gorou chuckled. "It's the cafe's third anniversary today. Kokomi wanted us to dress our best, and I decided to dress like this. You think it's cool?"

"Yeah, you look handsome, man," Kazuha said casually, earning a soft blush on his friend's cheeks.

"Whoa! Are you falling in love with me now?" He giggled and looked away, scratching his cheek.
"You wish."

Gorou cleared his throat. "Well, you want something? It's in the house." Kazuha flashed a small smile. "Just some iced-coffee and garlic bread, please." "Comin' right up, buddy!" The barista slash waiter patted his shoulder and left.
Now alone, Kazuha stared at a bracelet around his left wrist. It was a gift from Tomo. His fingers brushed against the cold and cheap beads, and his mind wandered again.