Chapter 8

Lizzies’ pov
I was getting my hair and make-up done for the reshooting of some scenes. I was waiting on Scarlett to show up. She is taking forever. I’ve called her at least a thousand times. When suddenly my phone rang it was Scarlett.
“Scar, where the hell are you, it’s been an hour”“Promise me you won’t panic” that sentence was built to make someone panic
“What do you mean ‘don’t panic’?” I was clearly panicking, but calmed myself “Promise?” she asked as if she can’t hear me already panicking. Nonetheless I agreed. “Okay, I promise, what the hell is going on? Are you hurt?”“I’m at the hospital, something happened to Leah”I ended the call; I grabbed my keys and ran. My baby girl was in trouble. I pulled up to the nearest hospital from our house, locked the car and ran to the front desk. “Leah Samuelson”
The lady typed something on her computer and then looked up at me.

“Level 4 room 67.”
I ran and half way to the stairs I yelled thank you. I didn’t take the elevator that would take forever so I decided on stairs when I got to the fourth floor, I saw Scarlett with puffy eyes, when she spotted me she just embraced me and whispered“She’s okay. It’s just a matter of her waking up.” We pulled away she explain further.“The doctor said her sugar levels were low which caused her to black out and she had a hard hit to the head when she fell. They currently have her on insulin and she is not allowed visitors yet. Only at 3pm which is in four hours. So the doctors suggest we go home, freshen up, get rest because she won’t be waking up any time soon. 2 days minimum.”I nodded. I told Scarlett she could go because she had to collect rose from school soon. She told me she’s sending rose to her dads today she that she can be here to support me. I honestly couldn’t ask for a better friend. I called up crystal and told her about what happened and also told her about visiting hours, she told me she’d show up that time. She’s going to head home and pack a few essential things.3 hours had passed now and I was hungry as I only had half of the chocolate muffin this morning. I headed to the shop down stairs and bought coffee and a brand muffin, my favourite of all time.When I left the shop Scarlett walked in with a small duffle bag. I walked up to her as she hasn’t spotted me yet.“Hey, I brought blankets and electronics is Sam here yet?”
She asked genuinely concerned as if the kid was hers. I loved the caring mom side of her. “No it’s just me, I requested a private room for her, and so they should be moving her soon. To level 7 room 82”Scarlett nodded as she took my coffee and sipped it before handing it back.“Okay so we head to level 7 room 82 and wait.” She took the lead to the elevator, lazy-arse. We headed up and when we got there they were pushing her into the room. She looked pale but so peaceful. I couldn’t hold it back anymore so I just sobbed. Scarlet took everything out of my hand and put it on
the table outside the room along with her duffle bag and she just held me until crystal and Sam showed up. It was very clear that crystal had been crying and that Sam is barely keeping her shit together and trying to stay strong for everyone. We headed inside and crystal looked at her best friend and then turned to hug the closes person, who happened to be me and she just sobbed into me and I held onto her for dear life because if I didn’t I too would be a huge mess. I needed to stay strong for the kids. Scarlett was sitting next to Leah holding her hand. I’m not really sure how they met and what exactly happened and where their relationship stands but I was glad that she was here. Sam was standing at the window obviously cry and also praying. The doctor walked in and explained a few things “Hey, I'm Doctor Anderson. I got some good news, based on the test we ran, Leah should be awake within two days max, also because she is not an American citizen we don’t have access to her files about her health, so all we can do is to wait for her to wake up” Scarlett said thank you and then he left.

(2 day time-skip)

So today is the day she supposed to wake up. I haven’t slept in forever but it’s okay. Crystal and Sam come and go as Sam has to reshoot Scarlett also come and go because of work. Ronan has thankfully agreed to keep rose for as long as we need. That guy really was the sweetest.Scarlett showed up in the door frame with two coffees.“I suggest you go home, take a shower. Freshen up and get back before she wake up, and if she wakes up when you not here I’ll call you. I promise I won’t leave her side.” She handed me the coffee I was going to make an excuse, I haven’t left her side since the incident.“No excuses, I know that face. Go. She’ll be here when you get back” I nodded and hugged Scarlett, thanking her before I headed out. I decided that I’d go home and freshen up, but also make my kiddo butternut stew.When I got home and took a quick shower. When I was done I started cooking.