Chapter 40

Amelia pov continued.

We were currently walking around in the shops looking for some cute for Roni. This was quite tricky because I don't exactly know what she has or what she fully likes. What if she was trying something new today. While I was searching lizzie trailed behind me asking questions....

"how do you know they your friends? Is her name really Roni or is it short for Veronica? Do you like this Peter guy? Should I be worried?"

I gave her a look that said.
'can you please stop. '

"okay fine. I'm just happy that my baby has friends."

"I've always had friends what do you mean? "

"Lia honey I know you well enough to know when you putting up an act. " she walked towards me and kissed me on my forehead. Before quickly hurrying over to a rack.

And turning towards me with a beautiful dust pink coat. It was Hella expensive so I turned it down but lizzie got it anyways. I got her some jewelry that I believed complimented her skin tone and goes well with her silver arrow necklace.

After what felt like forever of shopping we headed home to bake. Well more lizzie than me. I got starwars themed printed iceing circle stuffs that you put ontop of the icing apparently. Super cool stuff. I made 5. Enough for the group. While Liz done that I sat at the dining table and finished up homework thankfully I didnt have math because roni helped me with that so I just had some Spanish stuff to do. Lizzie naturally kept me company and assisted me with Spanish. Was she terrible at it. Yes, yes she was. Was she trying her best to help her kid?Also yes. Once we finished up everything and showered and got ready for bed. We cuddled up and started talking abit more.

"Lia I'm glad you made a friend or shall I say friends" I smiled at the thought of having friends..
"yea, I am too"
After a moment of comfortable silence I spoke up.
"hey Liz.. " she hummed in response she was clearly barely awake
"you're an amazing mom and I love and appreciate you. " she didn't respond she just pulled me closer towards her and played with my hair until I fell asleep.

(time skip to next day at school. )

I arrived early to school with my gift. And not long after roni and Peter walked in together. Roni was super excited well more excited than Peter as if it was her birthday. Wait what if I got the dates wrong. Crap.

When she spotted me, she fast walked towards me and then hugged me.

"GoodMorning, my dearest friend Amelia " she said very energetically. I swear to God I keep attracting these people. First Crystal and then harper and now her??

"good morning. What's with the energy? "

"well. This morning I found out what Peter is getting for his birthday and boy it's amazing. He really wants to know because he hates surprises, but I won't tell him. C'mon MJ and Ned are waiting for us in the art room. " I grabbed my present and hurried alongside her.

There was a table set with presents and MJ was sitting by the piano. Roni pulled out her phone and everyone started singing happy birthday for Peter, well not really roni. That's weird.

Once we were done singing Peter started opening presents... And boy was I glad I got him something. I put the present on the table where everyone was standing and headed towards roni who was at least 10 feet away rewatching the video she just took.
I whispered because I didn't want to put her on the spot.

"hey roni, why weren't you singing?"

"well. Firstly I can't sing. Secondly I didn't need my terrible voice to be heard on camera. Thirdly if I sang everyone elses voice wouldn't be heard. "