Chapter 13

Lizzie pov.

I woke up with Leah glued to me... So I snapped a picture of us and then checked my text.

Scar💛
Heyy. How's butternut doing?
I sent her the picture I just took and said she's okay.

Robbie🤗
Hey Liz, I'm in town. Want to grab a coffee today?

I didn't reply instead I forwarded the text to Scarlett which I now regret because she's going crazy about how we going to be the next great couple and that we should go on a proper date. When I told her I'm not going she told me she'll be over here in the next 10 minutes which made me giggle. I got out of Leah's grib, went to the bathroom to do my business and then to the kitchen to make my kiddo some oats and some strawberries. When I got downstairs crystal and Sam were heading out to lord knows where.
On there way out Scarlett entered with a sleeping rose on her arm. She put rose on the couch covered her with a blanket and then followed me to the kitchen.

I spoke first
"did you seriously drag your kid out of her bed to talk about my love life? "  she was enthusiastic and I could hear it in her voice. She was clearly on a mission.
"GoodMorning. Nice to see you too. And no I didn't drag her out of her bed to talk about your love life. I dragged her out of my bed to convince you to go on this date. The guy likes you. It's visible." definitely on a mission. But I wasn't going to budge. I started cutting strawberries.
"Look, I'm not going. Leah needs me. I can't leave her alone. "
"yes you are going. Sam will look after her. "

"well, not sure if you blind or have the memory of a gold fish but you just saw her leave. So I'm not going "
She was pleading at this point
"okay fine. I'll look after her. I'll have a date with her and rose. Just go! "

"go where? " a sleeping Leah walked through the door and hugged Scarlett. Greeting her.
"GoodMorning butternut, I'm trying to convince momma bear to go on a date with robbie "  momma bear? When did that happen.

"her best friend robbie? You guys like each other? " the 12 year old was now ask questions about my love life, Greaaat.

"we just friends, and I'm not going. I'm not leaving you alone. "

"I'll be okay on my own for a few hours " how dare she. She did not just say that.

"Over my dead body. You will not be left alone ever. Non negotiable. I'm not going and that's the last of it! "

Scarlett finally spoke up.
"I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be begging you to leave your house. You going. Rose, Leah and myself will have a great day without you. Because you going on this coffee date. " I was about to argue again but Leah spoke up.

"if you don't go, I won't eat, you won't get cuddles I'll avoid you at all cost and I'll be sad forever knowing that I'm the reason you didn't shoot your shot with this amazing guy. " she looked dead serious and Scarlett was nodding in approval. I was clearly fighting a loosing battle. So I gave in.
"fine. Now eat your oats and strawberries."
Scarlett and Leah squealed in excitement. I can't with these two. They have to be separated.
I headed upstairs to find something to wear. The closet was full of clothes ready for every occasion yet I had nothing to wear how's this even possible.
Soon Scarlett Leah and rose were in my room helping me and we decided on some jeans a cute long sleeve top some heel boots and my denim jacket that got stolen by Leah.
I got ready and was about to head out, I turned to tell them I can't,but as soon as I turned I was in an embrace. Leah's embrace.

"it's okay, go. I'll be fine. I promise. " I nodded and headed to my car. I put on my jacket before driving off and it literally smells like Leah so the next few hours wasn't going to be easy. But I started the car and headed to the location robbie sent me.

Scarlett pov.
Lizzie finally left. She still looked very hesitant even though we told her we going to be alright millions of times.
Here's the thing though, I had no idea what to do. How does one entertain a 12 year old and a 4 year old at the same time?
So I texted my partner in crime. My boy bestie other than Evans of course. My gay friend Colin jost!

Scar💛
Hey Col, I need help please.

Colin🏳️‍🌈
Hey babe, sure wassup! Ps... I'm free to hide a body today.

Scar💛
No body hiding today. I think🤣 no I'm babysitting Leah. You know lizzies lil 12 year old. My thing is how do I entertain both her and rose at the same time.

Colin 🏳️‍🌈
Ladies day. Do their hair. Paint their nails. Face mask watch family shows while eating your favorite snacks. Also if you do this can I join? Please. I promise my best behavior and no swearing 😇

Scar💛
Thank you! You a life saver. You can join if you bring cookie dough ice cream!

I put my phone in my pocket before heading out to find the girls. They were in the kitchen rose was eating some oats and strawberries. Wait. My kid is eating without a bribery or a fuss. What sorcery is this! I really had to know
"Leah. Be honest. What's your secret. How do you do it? "
She full on acted dumb and asked..
"do what? "

"you know. Get the kid to do things without a bribe. First the bath and now breakfast. I need to hire you as a nanny"

"well I make them think it's their idea. Also I would love to be her nanny but I'm leaving in less than 3 weeks soo... "

That last sentence broke my heart my butternut was leaving. We need to make the most out of it. So I put on my enthusiastic face again.
"so we celebrate and make the most out of it. And we going to start today. Ladies day. The three of us and Colin. Face mask. The doing of hair and nails the works! We got snacks in the cupboards and Colin is bringing us ice-cream "

They cheered. I'm glad they loved the idea I genuinely had nothing else up my sleeve.
I got rose ready for the day while Leah cleaned only because she insisted. I got myself ready and when I headed downstairs to get the snacks Leah already done it. She was fully dressed too.
"so, I checked the bathroom there's no face mask or anything. You more than welcome to scratch through lizzies things "

"yea no, that kid is huge on private space she nearly killed me once. Grab the snacks and whatever you want to take with we going to me place. "  I texted Colin the new information. He told me he'd bring extra things if we didn't have enough. Total life saver. I grabbed rose and put her in the car seat while Leah called shot gun. We literally sang along to the frozen soundtrack because rose insisted and Leah was always on her side so I was fighting a loosing battle.

Let this girls day begin.
Colin was waiting for us when we showed up.
We headed inside and Colin said he'll prepare the mask and the nail polish. I got the snacks ready while Leah and rose got the living room set up.
Leah braided all of our hair which was super cool. She had to teach me how to do that. Colin helped with our face mask.
Colin done Leah's nails and I done roses. When we were done we watched all the spy kids movies. Lizzie joined us by the third one. While giving us the tea of her coffee date. Wasn't really as great as I thought it would be. Maybe they are just friends. Oh well. I guess I'm going to have to catch her when she falls in the next 3 weeks. Shit. I'll be falling too. Evans better save us from the worst day of our lives. Well lizzies worst day. I already lived my worst day. Nothing can compare to the pain of 6 years ago.
______________________________________________
Word count 1443
A/N
Hey sparklers!
So this chapter is 7 times longer than the previous one😅. Anyways here's a branch out on characters. And yes I know Colin is not gay. But it's quite useful in the long run. What do you think is going to happen in 3 weeks time. Does Amelia leave or does she stay. Here's the real question what happens during the next 3 weeks Scarlett did say they need to make the most of it. What is your girl planning? Also what happened 6 years ago? Stay tuned something serious happens.

Sending all the love❤️
Sparkle out!