Chapter 29

Lizzie pov
"until further investigation the minor shall stay with Nathan Samuel's. "

My heart dropped. I lost my baby girl. I wasn't going to give up that easily, besides its only temporary.

"court dismissed."

The court went crazy..

The ladies sat behind me had the most to say..
"He doesn't even know her"
"or where she is.. "
"he can barely look after himself"
"I heard his doing this for the money. "

It was like a gossip page. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that it's Nathan. The same guy we met in the rose garden with the massive rats.

"She did have a kid named Amelia. I'm not sure about her life I wasn't interested."

His words of that day playing on repeat in my head.

I didn't let it get to me much. I still had an opportunity to get Leah back. I headed home to shower and got changed into comfy clothes. I was literally sweating because of this court appearance.
When I got to the hospital I wasn't allowed into her room. Like what the hell. Nathan works fast. Ms Mary didn't have custody so she no longer made the rules meaning it was all up to Nathan and he told the hospital that I was dangerous and trying to kidnap the child. Thankfully they didn't believe it was true based on how I treated Amelia for the past few days of being here,but because it's precaution they still didn't let me in. Damn you private hospital.

I took the loss and left the hospital. I really needed my best friend right now but she didn't want to talk to me. I drove back to the hotel and decided to take a nap, which didn't work because this entire situation was bothering me. So I tried calling Scarlett, she didn't answer. Totally expected. I could call Evans but his still asking questions about why Scarlett came home without me and why she's not talking to anyone. I could phone the rest of the Marvel family but they would probably ask me the exact same questions and I honestly didn't have time to answer those questions. I just needed someone to talk to so I can get things off my chest and get some advice.

After an hour of contemplating my life I decided to call my last resort....

My mom

The phone rang for a few moments then her face popped up on screen along with my dad.

"hey honey! What a nice surprise. " my mom was the first to speak.
"hey guys. I really need some advice "

"shoot. we here for you pumpkin " my dad spoke up.

"okay, so I made a decision to adopt-"

"YOU DID WHAT! HOW COULD YOU ELIZABETH. I RAISED YOU TO BE BETTER THAN THIS. YOU NOT EVEN MARRIED. YOU SO YOUNG. ABSOLUTELY NOT. YOU SHALL NOT ADOPT A CHILD. YOU'LL PUT OUR FAMILIES NAME TO SHAME!! . I'm warning you. Don't adopt a child or be disowned " my

mom yelled at me through the phone. My dad was awfully silent. My mom was clearly fuming so she put down the phone.

Greaaat. I needed to let off a load but I couldn't even finish my sentence before getting another load added. She was making me choose between her and Leah and the answer was easy...

Leah.

Just then I got a text. It was my dad

Dad❤️
I think adoption is a great idea. If it makes your heart happy and it feels right. DO IT.
your mom will remain your mother no matter what she says. She'll come around. Eventually. I love you Liz 😘