Chapter 27

Lizzie pov.
We were currently waiting in the waiting room of the hospital. We couldn't see or ask any questions about her until her legal guardian showed up.
To be honest this is the very first time it hit me that Amelia's mom passed away. I was so busy trying to find the kid that I missed the other details.

She left new York early because of it. Why didn't she tell me? I could've helped! I wonder what happens now? Does she stay in foster care? Is there someone that's adopting her? Will she be staying with family? Does she even have family? Is Sam going to take her?
I was spiraling in my own thoughts and Scarlett wasn't doing much better it like PTSD for her. Loosing another child and via the ocean I might add. Scarlett was walking up and down I think she headed to the shop to get something to eat. She'll probably get donuts because that's our stress eating snack.
She got back and handed me coffee and as I assumed donuts.

"I'm scared lizzie. I can't loose her. WE can't loose her. Not again" Scarlett said sitting next to me. It was barely a whisper it was more to herself than to me to be honest. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her closer to me.

"hey. It's okay, she's going to be okay. She's a strong girl. We won't loose her. I promise " she looked at me and nodded.
"you know scar. I'm considering to buy a house here. It's a very nice place. It will be there for Amelia when she needs a place to go and I'll have a place when I want to visit "

"that's great, I think I'll join you on that idea. I have no idea what's going to happen to butternut after this and I'm scared to find out. Will she live in the foster home forever. I don't want that for her. God, I'd even adopt her if I must. "

"yea right, just so that we can loose her at sea again" I didn't mean to say that, it slipped. OMG I'm so stupid.

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean t-" she left my grip and looked me dead serious, fury in her eyes. I've never seen her this mad before.

"you had no right. None at all. At least I didn't get drunk for a year after it or any of my breakups. You act like you done better I was just trying to help. " she got up and stormed out I tried running after her but Ms Mary stopped me.

"hey,im here. Where is she. Where's Amelia? " ms Mary asked in a hurry blocking my view from Scarlett, I managed to see her walk out the main doors 100 meters away from where I was. Ms Mary dragged me to the front desk.
"Come on, we gotta go get Amelia out of here" she dragged me further to the next floor where Amelia apperently was. The doctor walked out..
"hi. I'm doctor Johnson are you the guardian to the patient. "
Ms Mary nodded in response.
"Good, she's okay, she's terribly bruised. She has a blue eye and a strained foot. She's going to need a cast and be on bed rest for 2 weeks."
Doctor Johnson informed us. My poor baby she's been through so much already.

"okay, so where can I sign her out? " ms Mary asked. Was she even allowed to go home?

"I could have the nurse get that paper work ready but I highly suggest that she gets a x-ray to check for broken bones " doctor Johnson gave us more information. Honestly I thought
Get x rays were compulsory, apparently not. Is it a budget cut thing? I was so confused.

Ms Mary spoke up.
" no thank you doctor Johnson. That won't be needed. I think I'll just sign her out and she can recover at home. So if you can point me in the direction of the paper work that has to be signed " I'm not sure if it was the stress of Amelia being in hospital or me loosing my best friend or the fact that the doctor just told us it's really important that she gets the x rays done and Ms Mary is declining but I lost it completely..

" what do you mean you going to sign her out. Over my dead body. " I blurted. I really shouldn't have but it upset me.

"well, I'm the legal guardian of Amelia and I have the last say and I say we leaving " ms Mary raised her voice at me. This lady is really asking for the bad side of me.

" you're not taking her. She needs those x rays it's important. What type of "legal guardian" are you if you can't take care of her health and well-being."

" who do you think you are, to judge my character, you don't know me."she shot back, clearly not pleased with what I said, but I wasn't going to stop even though she's so much older than me. I hoped my parents are not peaking around the corner because I'll be dead.

"I know I'm Elizabeth olsen. The woman that literally flew all the way from New York. 13 hours on a plane just so that I can make sure that Amelia is okay. And I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that she is!"

"Well, not everything revolves around Amelia.And I'm sorry that you don't agree with my choice, but it has to be done. " this lady was working on my last nerve.

"what is your problem!? It's important that she gets the X rays done. What could be more important than a child that's in your care needing medical attention. "

"I have 24 more children at home that needs meals put on their table. Our government doesn't support our foster home so we rely on funding and I can't use funding that was allocated to other things to Amelia. X rays were highly requested not compulsory she'll live. " okay so Ms Mary made sense but still my baby needed help

"If funding is the issue, let me take care of it. I'll pay for her hospital fee and her x rays and anything else she needs"i was really trying to come to an agreement here.

"Okay, fine. I'll go find the doctor and inform her of the new plans"

"okay, I'm going to make a few calls.to sort it out"

Ms Mary left me to it. Honestly I had to make one call to sort out this money situation. Call the bank and let them know that I'm actually making a massive purchase or payment and that I wasn't robbed. I don't need my card freezing and things.
I also tried calling Scarlett, it rang but no answer. Who was I kidding, I was so horrible to her. If I were her I wouldn't answer either. I really need to make it right with her. But honestly it's not all my fault. She also threw my issues back in my face which I think was uncalled for I didn't mean to say what I said and I apologize in the moment and yet she said that. I didn't give it another thought I texted Chris.

Evans❤️
#FindLeah became #FoundLeah. I'll give you follow up details later. Love you❤️

And then I made the final call. To my lawyer.
To Adopt Amelia

After a few minutes of discussing it he said he'll look into it and get the paper work ready for me.

Not long after Ms Mary walked into the passage I was sitting in, on the phone with someone. She was happy so I assumed good news.

"Thank you so much Amanda, I'll get back to you with that as soon as possible. Take care. Bye" was the last thing Ms Mary said before putting down the phone, she turned to me smiling from ear to ear and said...

"Good news!"
"Amelias dad wants to be her legal Guardian"
_______________________________________________word count 1360

A/N
So another hospital scene. I really enjoy the hospital don't I🤣🤣. In my defense I've been in and out of one lately so it's kinda a relatable thing. Anyways.. Scarlett and lizzie is... Uhm.. Yea they that😐

Also Ms Mary and lizzie really be having a heated conversation.
In lizzie defense... Yea, I got nothing. Draw your own defenses.
I'm just going to leave this here and stay away for 3 days 😂😂

Anyways.
Take care of yourself ❤️
Sparkle out!