Chapter 9

It's raining again. Many days have passed and it still raining.

Kyra is laying flat on her soft bed. She raised her hand and stare at it for a long time. Her hand is small and white. She could feel a slight burning in her hand, but her white hand didn't show any burn trauma.

There is no slight expression shown on her face but she is actually feeling very happy.

Finally, I could feel pain! How many years I had never felt pain? Twelve years? Yep. It was almost twelve years I have not been feeling pain. I never thought feeling pain is such a blessing!

She was very happy and if she could, she wants to jump and yell out loud to celebrate her health progress. However, she couldn't. The body doesn't allow her to do that.

Kyra put her hands back to her small belly. Staring at the ceiling that was made with dinosaurs' bones. She has a memory that is strange to this world. She used to be a nurse in one of the best hospitals in the world. She has chaotic working hours but she never minds it. She loves her job.

The memory is not strange to her at all. She remembers, she will wake up early and return late. After so many years, she had made the hospital like her home. Even her rental house doesn't have many of her belongings.

Family? She does have a family but... The only memory that she has is of her grandmother. Her parents divorced when she was not two years old yet. Her mother left his father and married other men. Her father was feeling betrayed and he was heartbroken, not long after the divorce, her father was found dead. He commits suicide.

She doesn't know much, she only heard the story from her relative. She never wants to know more because whenever her grandmother looks at his father's picture, she will be very sad. She only has one who takes care of her very well, and she only wants to make her happy.

However, Kyra's grandmother grows old and her body becomes weak. Kyra was still in high school but she was not like other teenagers who hang out with friends, have teenage romance, and have fun. Early in the morning she has to prepare breakfast and readied all basics needed for her grandmother. Then she will go to school and come back at noon to check on grandma and again return to school till late evening.

At weekend, she will bring her grandmother to a check-up in a hospital and she apply herself to learn how to take care of a sick person at home. There she learns many things and she falls in love with them. Since then, she determine to be a nurse. She studies hard and takes care of her grandmother very well.

Until she grows up and graduates with her diploma as a nurse, her grandmother finally passed away. Thanks for being busy working in the hospital, she didn't feel depressed with her grandmother's death.

She works for many years and got promoted to be the head nurse. Suddenly, one day, she fall sick. At first, she thought it was just a faint from fatigue but it wasn't. Her entire body was paralyzed and she can't speak. She can only open her eyes, looking from time to time her friends and doctor come to visit. She never knows what her disease is until she finally takes the last breath.

When she opened her eyes, she saw him. Saber, her father in this new world. She doesn't remember what her father's looks were like in her previous life but, Saber treats her the best. The best father that she could dream of.

The only thing that she is not satisfied with is that she was born with a paralyzed body. It is not fully paralyzed, but the body didn't move as she wants. At first, she thought it was because of her new baby born body that she couldn't control it, but it was like that until a few months ago.

The day when she saw a poor little boy in the forest.

That day, as usual, her legs roamed around without her brain's consent. She walks into the forest and goes towards wild berries. Apparently, she, the brain, and the body doesn't like to eat raw meat that her father usually brought from a hunt. Fruits and several vegetables that wherever on her sight, will be her meal.

After fully eating a lot of fruits, her leg stop at one spot and she too was fascinated by what she had found on the wild bushes. She wants to pick it up and look at it closer, but the body didn't move, helpless she could only stare at it like that. Until there was a sound coming from her behind.

She saw a little boy running from a small hole between a large stone and vomit in front of her. Her body didn't move until the boy fell and she saw the birthmark on his face. It was raining hard but her eyes is very sharp and clear. The birthmark on the boy's face reminds her of a dream. To be more specific, the birthmark reminds her of the person in the dream.

That had triggered something in her heart and unexpectedly, her legs move towards the boy. She doesn't remember much but the only thing she remembers is that she wants to help the boy.

Her instinct as an experienced nurse flows into her body. Even though it had already been about twelve years since she had been 'retired' as a nurse, she still remember what she need to do. Her hand is fast, and her mind is quick. She is not only fast in giving emergency treatment but her body also remembers how to coax a patient family.

She coax the little girl with berries and her body run fast as she could towards herbs and food that the boy needed.

That is her first time, being able to control her body.

She doesn't understand how and why. But this makes her think about the dream.

Did she dream about them?

The dream was very vivid, even she could feel the heat come from the fire that she touch. The thing she wasn't sure of is that the two-person in the bonfire was the two little kids she met or... someone else? Is there anyone else who had a birthmark on their face?

In her dream, the male body had burned completely but his face was half burned. The half-face that she saw has a dark golden eye and there is a slight birthmark that is still intact on his red face that almost got burned.

Whatever it is, she will visit them again to confirm her theory.