Chapter 10

Several days have passed, the sky is finally bright with the sun. The male beastman tribe finally gathered to hunt for food.

"Kyra, I will bring a lot of fruit for you today. You stay here and wait for me, okay?"

Saber kneel while talking to his daughter. His daughter doesn't like to eat any meat. Even though it's raining, hunting for food is not difficult for him. However, because of heavy rain, many fruits got damaged and his daughter didn't eat anything. This worries him so much.

He touches his daughter's face and feels sad. His daughter lost weight again. He knows his daughter is different than the others. She dislikes meat and only eats fruit. Sometimes he saw his daughter eat green plants that taste bitter, he was too scared that some plants might be poisonous.

So, he makes sure that he will bring a lot of fruit for his daughter so that she will not eat dangerous green plants.

Suddenly there a warm soft hand touch him. He was shocked when he saw his daughter touch the back of his hand that was on her cheek. Her daughter closes her eyes and rubs her face while his hand is still on her cheek. It looks like a kitten wanted to be pampered. This had never happened before.

"K-Kyra?" Saber who has a fierce face softened, his eyes turn red and wet.

Kyra's face is still the same as she usually has. A stone face. There is no emotion or any movement on her face but the touch and her movement tell him that her daughter trusts him and loves him.

He hugged his daughter for a long time. Unwillingly to let go of her but he must go. Hunt for food is important in this tribe. He must hold his status as the strongest beastman in this tribe for all his life. To stay as the strongest, he must hunt a lot of food as quickly as he can. This is the only way he can protect his daughter.

After he left, Kyra touch her belly. She is very hungry and at the same time, she can't wait to go out to check the two children outside the tribe territory.

She is worried about the kids while the weather was heavy rain. She can't stop thinking about them. Will they survive in the wild jungle by themselves? Can the little boy hunt food for his sister? Does the boy eat well? Will they be safe?

After she had made sure every male had gone out to hunt, she quietly walk outside and walk towards the forest. Some part of the forest is still damp but Kyra finds a fruit for her to eat. She was too hungry, so she eat it happily. While she was eating, she pick up several herbs that she found nearby.

In this world, everyone is wearing a hide. The hides that make from animal skin usually is rough but, because Kyra is born weak and different, Saber hunt soft animal like deer as her clothes. Deerskin is thin. It is very hard to make clothes with such thin skin but Saber who pamper his daughter so much is very patient. He slowly peels the skin and carefully cleans the skin and makes it as soft as he can for his daughter to wear.

The hides that Kyra wear is designed like a dress style. Inside of her dress, there is another soft hide that was wrapped like pants, and there another layer that tie on her belly, like a belt, to make sure the pants will not fall. She uses the belt like her pocket.

So, she keeps some small fruit and herbs inside the belt.

She picks any fruits, herbs, and vegetables along the way towards the kid's small hidden house. While she was on her way, she is still full of worries. Hoping the kids will be safe. If she can, she wants to run as quick as she can but her body doesn't listen to her.

But this is much better than before, at least, her body can do what she wants. Just like she try to express her love to her father this morning. She wants to hug him and thank him for always taking care of her, but her body is only allowed to touch her father's hand and rub her face on his hand.

She doesn't understand what is going on with her body but this is good enough. The body finally follows where she wants to go. One day, she will be able to control her body and be normal like she was in her previous life.

After a few minutes more, she finally arrive at the kid's place. There is no one outside the house, maybe they are all inside. The entrance of the house is hidden with half a large stone and a shrub. When she got nearer, the shrub has some distance where a small like her can enter without ruining the shrub. It's a perfect place to hide.

If she is a normal human being from the previous life, she will not be able to see inside clearly. There were only a few holes light inside of this small house but she could see a little girl was playing with her weird-looking toys.

In the small space, there are toys everywhere and some part has bones which she believe is the little girl's food. There is some unpleasant smell that may come from the bones and odor of the kid's body.

Kyra didn't feel disgusted with it but such a place is not a good place to live. This will make the kids easily fall sick.

"Sister!" Alys finally saw Kyra standing in front of their entrance.

She throws her toys and quickly runs to hug Kyra.

"I miss you!" Alys's sound is very happy. She hugs Kyra tightly and rubs her face on Kyra's hide.

Kyra is happy too. If she could, she wants to hug the little kids and kiss her chubby cheek. The little girl seems to not suffer from hunger in the bad weather. Kyra couldn't help but praise her brother. Such a good kid, why they must be abandoned like this?

She is happy and sad but there is no expression on her face.

Kyra pats the little girl's head and after the little girl let go of her, she gives her a sweet fruit. While the little girl talking to her about what she had been playing for this several days, Kyra's strong will wanted to clean the place had able her to move around the house easily.

First, she throws all the bones and some leftovers that smell so bad outside the house. At the corner of the house, there is a weird-looking cage that makes from thick sticks that has dead rats inside. The smell is very bad but her movement is very slow. She picks it up and puts it outside.

The smell can attract animals and beastman, she wants to dig a hole and buried it but her body didn't move to her wish. She could only take several herbs that should be eaten by Aziel, rip the herbs and throw them at the smelly leftover and dead rats. When the herbs were rip, there a strong herb smell come from them. This can help to lessen the smell.

She moves out and into the little hidden house with a little girl following behind her like a chick following its mom. Her movement is very slow but after a few hours, the hidden house is finally clean.

She was thinking that it will be much better to have some flowers to make it smell good inside. The herbs are good too but flowers will make the environment fresher. Never she thought that her leg moves forward to find a fragrant flower.