Chapter 13

Aziel stomach growls loudly, but he is a little bit hesitant to eat it. He had never seen anyone burn their food to eat. Can it really be eaten? But the smell is very tempting.

"Come on brother! Eat it!" Alys was drooling while looking at the meat on Aziel's hand.

His sister must be very hungry, he must test it first before he let her sister eat it! If this food brings harm to his sister, he will not hesitate to kill the dumb girl.

Without waiting much longer, he quickly bites the meat. After a few bites, he suddenly stops. The meat taste is still there but the flavor is rich. What surprised him more is that the meat texture is soft! The meat is melting in his mouth! How could such meat taste like this???

For the first time in his two life, he munches the meat slowly to enjoy the delicacy of it. It is also the first time of his two life to finally eat meat without feeling nauseous.

"Brother..." Alys licks her lips, still waiting for her brother to gift her green light to eat. She knows his brother doesn't believe in Kyra yet. So, she must behave until her brother fully accept Kyra as a part of their pack.

Seeing Alys begging eyes and after he had tasted nothing is wrong with the food, he finally nod. As soon he nods, Alys quickly grabs the stick and eats it with gusto.

"Sister! This is good! This is super good!" Alys praised out loud without stopping eating the meat. Just a few seconds, she has already eaten three sticks of meat and her hand is busy picking another one.

Aziel can't disagree with it. The taste is very good and his stomach finally accepts the meat. Seeing his sister eating without stopping, he reminded how Kyra had helped him when he was weak.

He never believes anyone will help him without wanting something. However, the girl in front of him is just a dumb girl who is hated by the tribes but is blessed with having a doted father.

In his previous life, they never met like this life. Well, they do meet several times in the forest but Kyra never looks at him. She will be in a daze looking at the ground and sky like a fool.

He remember the dumb girl never had friends. She never talks and never interacts with anyone like this. What makes this dumb girl suddenly interact with them?

The first time they met is when he fainted. That is the only different thing that had happened to him compared to his previous life because he had never had trouble eating meat at his age now. Previous life, he had never fainted. He was just a little kid, hugging his sister in the small hidden house, protecting his sister from coldness. It also takes many days for him finally be brave enough to go outside to hunt food.

While he was eating his third meat, he saw something rare from Kyra's face.

She is... smiling?

Kyra was looking at her sister who was still praising the food non-stop. The round clean eyes show some shine and her lips slowly curl up, her cheek shows a small dent that he had never seen on other beastman.

Suddenly his heart beat fast.

Kyra sense Aziel's gaze, so she looks at him. She saw Aziel looks weird. She quickly jumps towards him and checks the temperature on his forehead and pulse from his wrist. It is the first-time Aziel eats something heavy, however, she is confident with her knowledge as an experienced nurse for many years that he will be able to eat normally now.

She looks at his eyes while checking his pulse. His pulse is abnormal but his eyes didn't show any sickness and his face is not pale... he turns red? He was choking...? But, he didn't cough or anything...