Babby Steps & Giant Leaps

"Are you sure about this, Kevin? I am not comfortable coming with you to a party." Edd spoke gently. His body quivered as he nibbled on a granola bar.
"Of course, you're my secretary, it's important for you to learn the clients and other companies in person. The party is on a Friday night, and won't last long. As soon as it's over we can do whatever you like." Kevin sat back in his chair, stretching, he watched as Edd nervously played with his tie. Finishing his snack, Edd drank some water before checking the time.
"I really must go back to work." Kevin got up and wrapped his arms around Edd chest.
"I don't want you to leave..." He groaned playfully into Edd's ear. Edd released a soft moan, his face turning a pure red. Kevin smirked,
"That sounded nice." Kevin murmured kissing Edd's neck. Edd groaned, his legs becoming shaky as Kevin's tongue ran along his pulse. Edd bit his lip, turning around in Kevin's arms he covered Kevin's mouth.
"We have to work." Edd blushed brightly when Kevin licked his fingers. "Kevin!" He half squealed, officially pulling out of his arms. Pouting at the other, Edd giggled at Kevin's pouting face.
"Fine," Edd groaned. Moving to the other, Edd blushed as he stood on his tippy toes and whispered,
"Be good and we can do something fun tonight." Kevin purred in happiness.
"Fine by me," he whispered nibbling Edd's ear before letting him go. Edd blushed as he went back to his desk. Starting to work, he glanced at the door and wondered what he'd do tonight. It sent a chill down his spine, his face glowing a pure red as he tried to focus on work.

          Laying on Kevin's bed, the two of them gasped for air as they came down from their love making. Edd nuzzled into Kevin's chest, the older man chuckled. He wrapped his arm around Edd's wait, holding him close.
"Fall is around the corner." He mumbled, his eyes watching Edd as Edd's small form shuffled around until comfortable. "You'll be thirty-four this year." Kevin chuckled slightly as Edd nodded his head.
"I assume so." Edd responded, surprised that the years of his life passed by so quickly. Kevin chuckled at Edd's statement. Pulling Edd against him he asked,
"Is there anything you want to do that day?" Edd placed his hand onto Kevin's shoulder. Blushing he glanced away and thought about the question silently. Kevin waited patiently, deciding he wanted this birthday to be special, since he's missed so many of Edd's previous birthdays.
"Well.. I would like to have dinner, and a movie."
"Is that all?" Kevin asked, making sure Edd didn't want more. Edd was silent before digging his face into Kevin's chest.
"At the end of the night, if you would be with me, would be much appreciated." Kevin chuckled before laughing, the noise bouncing in his chest. Edd could only blush and hide his embarrassment against Kevin's chest. Tilting Edd's face up, Kevin kissed him deeply, taking Edd's breath away.
"I'll keep you up all night," he purred nibbling Edd's neck. Edd moaned as he gripped Kevin's shoulders. As Kevin got on top of Edd, the younger male whispered,
"I would very much like that."

          The next morning, Edd woke up slowly, his body both aching and very pleased. Kevin stirred next to him, his eyes fluttering open. Edd sat up slowly, Kevin groaned playfully as he gripped Edd's waist.
"You must wake up, Love." Edd giggled, his gapped smile a sight Kevin loved to see. The pet name only made him smile in return. Getting up, the two of them cleaned up, and dressed for the day ahead of them.
"Must we truly go through with Friday night's plan?" Edd asked, as he poured pancake mix onto a pan.
"Yes Edd, we must." Kevin chuckled, cutting up fruits and pouring their drinks for the morning. "We discussed this yesterday," Kevin began pointing out the conversation happened once already. "I understand you're nervous, but I'll be there with you all night." Rubbing Edd's back gently, Edd let out a shaky sigh. Thinking of all the germs and people made him nervous. Especially since this is an important business party for Kevin's success as well as partnership with the sister and brother locations.
"Alright," Edd nodded his head, wanting to be there for Kevin. "Will Nate be there?" Edd asked out of the blue, making the other male sigh.
"I completely forgot. Yeah, he'll be there, unfortunately. I'll make sure some guards keep him away from you."
"What about you?" Edd asked looking at Kevin with worried eyes. Kevin just chuckled at this.
"I think I will survive," Edd still looked worried, but said nothing more. He couldn't help the unease that settled into the pit of his stomach. Kevin noticed this and smiled warmly. Hugging Edd from behind he nuzzled his face into his neck. Edd reached a hand back and ruffles Kevin's hair.
"I will be there for you Kevin." Edd said smiling a little. "I am not much in the way of fighting, but perhaps I can lend some assistance." Kevin laughed warmly as they finished breakfast.

          Heading to work, Edd smiled in the car, content with how everything was beginning to look up. He understands he has a lot to amend for, but baby steps are going to help him. Considering how fast everything is already moving, Edd hoped that some day, those baby steps would become giant leaps, and Kevin could fully trust him again.