as long as it comes from you (requested)

You tangled your fingers through your hair with a groan as you continued to scroll through the pages of the online store.

You're beginning to feel stressed.

The further you scroll, the higher the prices get.

They weren't very low, to begin with, but now, they're beginning to get unreasonably high.

You closed your laptop with a sigh before staring down at your lap.

You're beginning to feel a little disappointed. Leigh-Anne's birthday is coming up soon and it's the first one you're celebrating with her, as you just got together earlier in the year.

You wanted to make it as special as possible.

So, you went to Jade and Perrie for advice on what to get her, and you've spent most of the day going through everything they suggested only to feel incredibly disappointed in yourself.

You know your girl has expensive taste.

You're not rich, so you can't exactly relate to that, although she does tend to spoil you from time to time.

You never once felt bad about not being able to afford the things she can.

But today, you do feel bad.

Everything you want to get her is so far out of your price range. You can't afford anything that you're seeing.

You weren't quite sure what to do.

You thought about calling Jade or Perrie again to ask them for more advice but the sound of a knock on your front door stopped you from reaching for your phone.

You stood up and walked to the door and when you opened it, you were greeted with the sight of your happy and beautiful girlfriend.

"Hi, my love!" She grinned.

"Hey, baby." You smiled back at her. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd surprise you by getting us some dinner and coming over to see you."

"That's very sweet. Come on in, my love."

You stepped aside for her to come into your house and you closed the front door behind her.

You took a seat back on your sofa as she set the bag down on the table.

You were forcing a smile, trying your very hardest to hide how stressed and how upset you were from her, but she noticed right away.

When she sat down and her brown eyes locked with yours, she saw right through that fake smile and noticed the sad look in your eyes.

"What's going on?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You look a little down." She said and reached out to brush her hand across your cheek. "Is everything okay? Tell me honestly, y/n."

You sighed and stared down at your lap for a second before shaking your head.

"What's wrong?"

"I can't tell you."

"Of course you can. You can tell me anything!" She assured as she moved her hand from your cheek and down to yours, so she could hold it. "C'mon, darling. Talk to me."

"Fine." You caved, knowing that you can't hide anything from her. "I was looking around online at all these different places Perrie and Jade said that you love so I could buy you a birthday present."

You watched her eyes light up, which only heightened your disappointment.

"But everything is out of my price range. I can't afford anything like that. It got me thinking a lot. I just can't help but worry that I'm just not good enough for you. You deserve someone who can get you nice things, just as you like. I'm not that person."

She stared at you for a moment before shaking her head.

"Y/N, baby, you're way too hard on yourself." She softly spoke. "I don't care what you get me. I don't expect you to get me anything for my birthday or on any day, for that matter. I only want you to be there with me on my birthday."

"Leigh, that's sweet. But I want to do something nice for you. You deserve that, especially on your birthday. But I just don't know what to do because I'm not rich like you."

"And I don't expect you to be. I don't need expensive things, y/n. Do I enjoy getting some nice things sometimes? Yes. But I do that for myself. I don't expect others to do that for me. If you feel like you need to get me something, I don't care if it costs one-thousand dollars or one dollar. I don't care what it is as long as it comes from you."

"Really?"

"Really." She smiled. "I know that the life I live and the job I have isn't for everyone. I'm lucky and I know that. I don't want you to ever feel bad that you can't get me expensive things. I don't need them. I only need you."

You threw your arms around her to give her a hug and she sighed contentedly as she felt the warmth of your embrace.

"I'm crazy about you, y/n. I don't care about material things. I don't expect you to do things for me. I adore you for everything you are. It's okay that you can't buy me expensive things, I don't expect that from you or from anyone. All I want for my birthday is you by my side. That's all."

"Okay. But I will get you something though."

"If you must." She chuckled. "I'll love whatever it is because it comes from you."

You pulled away from the hug so you could kiss her lips and she couldn't help but smile against yours.

"Feel better?"

You nodded.

"Good." She said and pecked your lips. "Let's eat now."

You curled up close to her, laying your head on her shoulder as she grabbed the food and you started to eat together, enjoying every second by her side.