she helps you relax after you have a bad day

You sniffled as you sent the text off to your girlfriend that explained all about your bad day.

As you got inside your car and started to break down it all hit you how bad and overwhelming your day had been. Bad felt like an understatement.

The day had just dragged on and on and all you've wanted since you left Leigh-Anne this morning was to be back in her arms.

You wiped the few tears that managed to slip out before you started your car and drove home. The drive home was short but it felt a lot longer today.

You pulled into the driveway and let your head rest on the steering wheel for a minute. You bit your lip and took a few deep breaths before grabbing your things and going inside.

You closed the door behind you and yelled out for Leigh-Anne, but you didn't get an answer back. You frowned and went up the stairs. The bedroom was empty but the bathroom door was open just a crack and you could see light poking from under it.

You opened it the rest of the way and saw your girlfriend sitting on the counter with a smile.

The tub was filled with warm water and you could hear your favorite song quietly playing through the small speaker on the counter.

"Oh, Leigh-Anne..." She jumped off the counter and grabbed a hair tie from the counter. "I got your text. You sounded really upset and I figured you needed to relax."

She put your hair up for you and pressed a kiss to your shoulder when she helped you undress. "This is so sweet of you." You felt like crying at the thought alone. Even on your worst days, your girlfriend can still find a way to make you smile and make you feel better.

She helped you get in the water before she knelt down on the floor in front of the tub. "Are you hungry? Do you need anything?" She tucked a strand of hair behind your ear that had managed to slip out of your messy bun and kissed your cheek.

"I'm a little hungry, but I want you to stay here with me." She nodded her head and grabbed the cloth from the counter. She soaked it in the water before putting your favorite body wash on it.

She ran it across your skin delicately, listening to the soft sighs that left your lips. "Tell me all about your day. I'm here to listen." She trailed her lips across your shoulder blades.

You told her all about your day. A couple of tears fell from your eyes but she was quick to wipe them away and whisper words of comfort to you.

You rambled on and on about your coworkers and your boss, telling her about how much you hated your job in general and how much pressure you felt like you were under.

"Then quit." You scoffed and felt her untie your hair. "I've thought about it but then what would I do?" She chuckled and started to wash your hair. "Honey, you live with me so you don't have to worry there. I'll help you cover any bills or anything that you need help with until you found something better. I'll help you search for jobs after you take a few weeks to relax first, obviously."

You smiled when you felt her lips brush along your cheek. "I hate seeing you so upset. If you hate your job so much and it's making you this anxious and stressed then it's time to find something different, something better. You're worth more than this and you deserve better. Let me help you. Quit that stupid job."

You turned your face to find her lips only inches away from yours. You let out a little giggle and gave her a quick kiss. "You're right." You closed your eyes as she rinsed the suds out of your hair.

"Now, I'm gonna go order some takeout. You can stay in here for a few more minutes if you'd like or you can get out now. Your choice. I'll be in the bedroom whenever you're done." She planted a lingering kiss to your temple and went out of the room to order food and give you some space to really relax.

You closed your eyes and let your head fall back against the back of the tub. You let your worries drift away, your anxiety now fading a little now that you know you don't have to go back to your job and you have time to find something better.

You got out a few minutes later and wiped your feet on a towel on the floor. You reached for the one Leigh-Anne put on the counter for you and when you grabbed it you saw the hoodie of hers that you love to wear so much.

You quickly dried yourself off and put your hair up. You pulled the hoodie over your head and inhaled the smell of your girlfriend's perfume that lingered across it.

You saw Leigh-Anne on the bed with her back turned to you. you walked up to her and wrapped your arms around her from behind. You buried your face in the crook of her neck and planted a few kisses to her soft skin.

"You're truly the most amazing girlfriend in the world. You know that?" She pulled you on her lap and you let out a few giggles. "You're the amazing one." She mumbled and rubbed her hand up and down your back in little circles.

the bags under your eyes worried her. "You look exhausted." She brushed her thumbs under your eyes. "I am, but I feel a lot better now, all thanks to you."

You put your head on her shoulder and felt her nails start to run along your back. Your skin tingled just a little and you couldn't stop the sigh of contentment that left your lips. "You wanna watch a movie or something?"

You lifted your head and cracked a sleepy smile at her. "Will you keep holding me?"

She laughed and laid back on the bed. "As if I'm gonna let you go anytime soon."

She handed you the remote and let you turn on your favorite movie but you didn't make it past the first twenty minutes.

She was quietly humming in your ear and you could hear her heart thudding and naturally, your heart beat in sync with hers.

You fell asleep with your head on her chest, and as you always did - you felt safest when wrapped in her arms. You no longer felt the weight of all of your worries on your shoulders.

You only felt comfort and love radiating from the one you love the most as she held you close, and you felt ever better knowing that she wasn't gonna let you go.