finding you crying in the middle of the night (requested)

A shiver running down Leigh-Anne's shoulders woke her from her peaceful slumber. She pulled the blanket tighter around herself and rolled over, expecting to be met with the warmth and comfort of your arms.

But all she felt were the soft sheets against the tips of her fingers. She frowned and sat up. Suddenly feeling a little worried, she turned the lamp on and rubbed the sleep from her heavy eyes.

She looked around the room, trying to tell herself that you were probably in the bathroom. But the door was open and the light was off and the room was silent, telling her that you weren't anywhere in there.

She swung her legs over the bed and planted her bare feet on the floor. They patted across the carpet as she left the room and walked out into the hallway. The lights were all off.

Though she knew you were somewhere here, she couldn't help but feel a little worried. It's still dark outside and you rarely ever leave the bed in the middle of the night.

She figured you weren't in any of the rooms upstairs but she checked just to be sure. Finding them all empty she started to make her way downstairs. She froze, heartbeat picking up speed in her chest when she heard the tv playing.

She crept down the stairs. She thought you might've fallen asleep, considering she could tell it was one of your favorite shows, and usually, you'd be laughing.

But, to her surprise, you were wide awake. She could tell as she reached the bottom step, which creaked and made you turn your head quickly to look over at her.

The lamp on the table by the sofa provided a little light, along with the glow of the tv; both of them allowing her to see your red eyes and puffy cheeks.

She frowned and walked quickly to you. She could see the tears running down your cheeks. She knelt on the floor in front of you.

Her hand fell to your thigh, brushing her fingers in circles over your skin. You bit your lip and looked away from her, but she was quick to capture your attention again.

"Hey," she whispered softly. "What's wrong? And don't even think about telling me it's nothing, because you're crying."

You sniffled and whimpered, breaking her heart.

"I had a bad dream."

"What? Why didn't you wake me?"

"You've been busy and I wanted you to get some sleep."

She let out a sigh and reached for your hand. She leaned forward and laid a few kisses across your knuckles before looking back up at you.

"Don't worry about that. You know I'm always here to make you feel better." She soothed. "Do you wanna tell me about it?"

You shrugged before biting down on your lip once more, gnawing at the skin absentmindedly, making her frown once more.

She brushed her thumb along your lower lip and you let it go from your teeth. She moved her hand to your cheek and you leaned into her touch.

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"Are you sure? It might make you feel better."

"I just... want you to hold me."

She didn't hesitate to sit on the sofa and bring you into her arms. Your head fell to her chest and you found comfort in the steady beat of her heart against your ear.

She tried to ignore the sinking feeling of her heart in her chest and instead focused on the show playing and running her hand along your shoulder blades comfortingly.

"This episode again?" She asked teasingly, staring at you with a bright smile when you gazed up at her.

"It's my favorite!" You cracked a teary smile and she leaned in to plant a lingering kiss on your forehead.

"I know it is." She spoke softly, brushing a lock of hair behind your ear. "It's mine too."

You found yourself relaxing and melting into her touch. The nightmare soon faded from your mind as she held you close and gave you sweet little kisses.

"Thank you for making me feel better."

"Anytime, baby. It's what I'm here for. I love you lots."

She thought you'd repeat the words back to her, but a few seconds of silence made her look down at you to find that you'd fallen asleep with your head on her chest.

She kissed your head and covered you up with the blanket on the back of the sofa before laying her head on yours and falling back asleep, feeling better now that you were safe and sound in her embrace.