bumping into one of her exes (requested)

Walking around the city with Leigh-Anne's hand wrapped in yours, you soaked up the sunshine and breathed in the fresh air on this beautiful day.

The squeeze of her hand made you turn your head to look at her as you kept the straw of your drink between your teeth, sipping on the cold beverage you got a few minutes ago.

"Anything in particular that you want to do?"

You shook your head.

"I'm fine with anything. I'm just happy to be spending some time with you." You said and then kissed her cheek, causing a smile to tug at her lips.

"Okay." She agreed and continued walking with you, her hand wrapped tightly in yours.

She was about to ask if you felt like going into one of the stores that were only a block or so away when she suddenly heard a familiar voice come from nearby.

"Leigh-Anne?"

She froze and since you were holding her hand, you did the same. You looked where she was looking, your eyes landing on a girl that was getting up from her chair with what you assumed was a friend so she could run to your girlfriend.

"Hi!" She excitedly told Leigh as she threw her arms around her.

Your girlfriend seemed taken aback but she hugged her anyway.

"It's so nice to see you! I didn't know if I'd ever get to see you again."

You frowned at the girl's words and looked at Leigh-Anne in confusion.

"It's nice to see you too." She replied. "This is my girlfriend, y/n."

"Oh. Hi, y/n. Nice to meet you!" The girl spoke before hugging you quickly.

"Y/N, this is my ex-girlfriend."

You nervously chuckled as you realized who she was.

"Oh. Nice to meet you too." You said and nervously ran your fingers through your hair and sipped on your drink a little more.

"So, Leigh-Anne, how are you? It's been so long. Are you doing well? How are the girls?"

"Good. Everything is good and the girls are good, too. Thanks for asking."

Leigh-Anne seemed to be getting much more comfortable now as they spoke while you felt very out of place, feeling much more of the opposite.

As you stared at her ex and stood there listening to them talk, you realized just how sweet she seemed to be.

She managed to make Leigh-Anne laugh at a couple of her jokes and you couldn't deny that she was very beautiful.

She was the kind of girl you thought Leigh-Anne would end up with. It seemed as though she had everything and the longer you stood there, the more you found yourself second-guessing your own worth and your relationship with Leigh-Anne.

"I'm going to go walk a little more. Why don't you stay here, babe? I'll meet you back here in a bit." You told Leigh before kissing her cheek and walking away.

You needed some fresh air.

But Leigh-Anne wouldn't let you get that by yourself.

She knew something wasn't right.

"Are you okay, my love?" She asked as she caught up with you a moment later.

"Why didn't you stay back there? You seemed to be enjoying some time with her."

"Not exactly." She sighed. "Don't get me wrong, it was nice to see her again but things felt so different and awkward with her now."

"Because of me?" You asked.

"What? No." She said and stopped walking, pulling you into her arms. "Not because of you. I just don't love her anymore and it feels like she still has feelings for me. Besides, I could tell you weren't all that comfortable."

"Well, I've never run into an ex of mine or anyone else's so randomly before."

She chuckled and rubbed your back.

"You're the one that I love. You know that, right?"

"I know."

"So don't be jealous or insecure." She said before kissing your chin.

"What? I'm not jealous or insecure."

She stared at you for a second, her eyebrows raised as if she was telling you that she didn't believe you.

"Okay. Fine. I was insecure and I did feel a little jealous. She's just so beautiful and when I looked at her and listened to her speak, she seemed to be the perfect girl for you."

"Well, she isn't. Trust me. Things didn't work out between us and there's never a chance that they will. I'm with you and you're the one I want to be with. Only you."

"Okay." You smiled before kissing her lips softly. "I love you."

"I love you more, beautiful girl." She said as she brushed her fingers across your back. "Just so we're clear, you're the most beautiful and funny girl in the world. Don't ever doubt yourself. I love you just the way you are and I always will."

You kissed her once more, feeling much better now thanks to her reassurance.