coaxing you into crying (requested)

She couldn't shake the feeling that something really wasn't right with you.

Beside her, you sat in silence. Your gaze rested on your hands rather than at your worried girlfriend. You've seen that look in her eyes for the last little while since you first arrived home from being out with your friends today. You knew that she knew you weren't feeling well. It was easy to tell by the frown on your face and how quiet you've been.

You watched her hand lay over yours. Her skin was warm and the brush of her fingers along your knuckles was comforting.

"Honey? What happened?"

You shook your head, but she wasn't buying it.

"Y/N... I know you like the back of my hand. We've been together for six months now, I know you and I know when something is wrong. Tell me what happened. What's got you so upset." She brushed her other hand along your back ever so gently. She kept her voice soft as she continued to whisper softly.

"I know something is bothering you. C'mon, darling. Let it out. I'm here for you."

You could feel the tears stinging your eyes. Between her touch and her comforting words, it was impossible to bottle everything up any longer.

You sniffled as the first of many tears started to fall down your cheeks.

"Oh, baby," Leigh-Anne whispered and put her arm around you to pull you onto her lap. "It's okay. I'm right here. Let it all out, I've got you." She whispered and bit at her lip to hold back her own tears that were welling up in her eyes from feeling the warmth of your tears fall against her skin when you buried your face in her neck.

You sobbed and bunched her shirt up in your fists.

"I know it hurts. Whatever happened, I know it hurts. But I'm here with you. You're safe with me. I'm not going anywhere."

"You promise?" You whimpered through your tears.

Leigh-Anne pulled away a little and took your face in her hands. She watched the tears fall from your eyes and slide down your cheeks. Her heart was shattering in her chest upon seeing you so heartbroken.

"Of course I mean that. Did someone say something?"

You might've shrugged your shoulders but she could tell that the answer to her question was yes. She sighed and gently pushed your head back onto her shoulder. She closed her eyes and took a shaky breath. "I"m not letting you go. Not now, not ever." She promised. "You don't have to tell me what was said right this moment, or at all if you don't want to. But know that you're my entire world. I love you so much. I couldn't make it without you. I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be right here."

You choked on your sobs and swallowed thickly, continuing to cry.

"I'll be here to hold you and dry your tears every time you're sad. I'll hold you and I won't let you go."

Kissing the crown of your head a few times, she whispered out more 'I love you's'. She'd never stop telling you and she wouldn't force you to tell her what had you so upset.

For the time being, as you continued to let out your emotions, she just held you close and made sure you felt loved and secure.

She wasn't ever gonna let you go.