Prologue

So like. Uh. This is my own version of Alice Academy, rewritten. The original manga is written by Tachibana Higuchi (I think..). Read it. c: I love it.

-----

          I stretched on the wooden bench in the park, the blazing sun shining down on the ground. I really had nothing to do. It was towards the end of summer, and here I sit, on a wooden bench. In a park. Yeah.

     Best life ever.

          The trees were a luscious bright green. Their leaves rustled in the warm breeze. I could smell the aroma of the roses. The sky was a luxurious blue color, airbrushed with delicate white clouds.

          Adults were jogging or taking a run in the park, chatting and listening to their music. Children laughed and giggled, running around, chasing each other. Parents supervised their children from a bench from afar.

          Sometimes, guys would walk past and just stare at me. It creeped me out, since, well, I was in a lacy blush top and white shorts. Still, it scared the crap out of me that they checked me out. It's summer, so, I tend to wear lots of dresses and shorts.

          Looking around some more, I began to gain some inspiration in the scenery around me. I took out my huge notepad that I always brought with me, whipped out a pencil, and began to sketch the scenery around me. The plants, the trees, the children, the playground, the sky. Everything. It all inspired me for some reason. And in my opinion, I say it looked pretty good. I've been drawing since age 4, if you were wondering. My parents loved my art as well.

          I ran my hand over the picture, brushing off any eraser crumbs that I had not gotten rid of previously. Smiling, my eyes wandered over the drawing. For some reason, the picture seemed to pop out of the paper, and I shrieked, dropping the notepad. The picture went back to being 2-D.

          I blinked, looking around to see if anyone noticed. Nobody seemed to notice, so I proceeded to slowly pick up my notepad and pencil, and run back home.

          As I stood up to leave the park, a man from afar speedily came up to me. He grabbed my wrist and turned me around to face him.

"Who are you and what do you want?" I say, looking up. The man seems to be in his late twenties to early thirtys; he has short brow hair and hazel eyes.

"You have an Alice," he whispers harshly, looking into my blue eyes.

"What are you talking about?!" I shout, trying to release my wrist from his grip.

"You saw that, didn't you? The pictures coming to life," he said, still staring straight into my eyes.

"Y-yeah..? What about it?" I mutter.

"It's an Alice. A special ability. You'll be targeted by people if you don't use it correctly," he explains.

"So, what do you want from me?"

"You're coming to Alice Academy. No matter what," the man says.

"How do I know you're not some rapist?" I say, pulling away from him.

          He reaches into his pocket and shows me his card from Alice Academy. It shows his full name, Katsuo Hitoshi, his birthday, his picture, and his occupation. Teacher in Alice Academy.

     Welp.

          Hitoshi-sensei followed me back home, and my mother's eyes widened when she saw him. She ran to my father and spoke to him, saying incoherent like, 'They've found her!

"Aiko, I'm sorry to say this, but you have to go to this school," my mother says to me, her face sad.

"Is this why we've always moved, mom? Because you knew I had an Alice, and you didn't want them to take me?" I croaked, my voice cracking as I looked up to see my mother's tears rolling down her face.

"Yes, Natsumi, I'm so sorry. We tried to keep you with us as long as we could. I'm sorry," my mother cried, and she pulled me into a tight hug.

Hitoshi-sensei cleared his throat. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but, may I please explain some things to you?"

My father handed my mother a tissue, and she dabbed her eyes. "Yes, please."

"Okay. Please do not worry about Aiko Natsumi. She will be absolutely fine at our school. There will be mandatory subject classes, such as math, language, science, and history. She will have a class depending on her Alice. Natsumi will, of course, be fed properly and given a dorm to live in. Is that okay with you?" Hitoshi-sensei explained to my mother, who was nodding.

"Yes, it's okay."

"I'll give Aiko two days to pack. I'll pick her up around 9 in the morning on Saturday, if that's fine with you."

"Yes, that's fine," my mother sniffles.

          I look at my mom who continues to cry. My throat feels really dry, and I feel the tears leaking out of my eyes. I'm leaving my family for a new school. 

"Go shower and get ready for dinner, Natsumi," my mother said to me, and shuffled into the kitchen. Hitoshi-sensei left soon after.

          I ran upstairs and prepared for dinner. 

          After dinner, my mom gave me two big suitcases, and told me to pack all my clothes in there. I have quite an amount of clothes for a 13-year-old, but I managed to squish everything in there, from my undergarments to my sweaters, shirts, tanks, tees, coats, and shoes. They all fit. Well. With an exception of a tote bag which included a lot of my products.

          When Hitoshi-sensei arrived, he waited outside. My parents and I went outside, and Hitoshi-sensei loaded my luggage into his trunk. I gave my mom and dad a big hug.

"I love you, mom, dad," I said, smiling, tears in my eyes.

"We love you too, honey," they said, my mom wiping her tears, my dad blinking the tears away.

          With that, I waved sadly and Hitoshi-sensei drove me to Alice Academy.

          A fresh start, you could say.

-----

YES GUYS. Kira Nanami is now Aiko Natsumi. I'm sorry if you guys liked the other name, but I just became fond of this one. :U I might end up changing everyone's names, LOLOLOL. Sorry if that makes you mad.