Chapter 5

A new semester had started, and everyone was working on preparations for the annual Christmas party.

     Students and teachers from different school divisions were helping to decorate fort he party. It's the Alice Academy Annual Christmas party. Just by the name, you can tell that it'll be one heck of a party. I mean, it's decorated by students, for students! There's food, dancing, all that good stuff. The Active Classes were making a huge Christmas cake. I sat from afar, watching everyone work, feeling useless. Naoki had left me to work on his own share for the party. Daichi was helping with decorations as well.

     Daichi noticed me sitting alone and told the people that he was working with that he was taking a break. He jogged over to me, giving me a grin, and took the available seat adjacent to me.

"So why is this pretty little girl sitting alone here?" he asks, continuing to grin.

I couldn't help but blush at his comment, my heart fluttering a little. "Well, I still don't know many people, and I feel like I'd be a burden if I helped."

"Don't think so negatively," Daichi assures, frowning at me. "Don't worry, I'll find something for you to do. You have the Art Alice, right?"

          I nodded, curious as to knowing what he'd made me do.

"Hey, class president!" Daichi shouted, waving at a boy with short brown hair. The class president walked over.

"Yeah?" he replied, obviously still busy with decorating and preparing.

"Could you find something for my friend Natsumi to do?" Daichi asks.

"Well, we do need some decorations. Maybe you could help?" he says, pointing to the bare Christmas tree.

"Oh, that's perfect! Natsumi here has an Art Alice. Give her a few paper notepads and a pencil."

     The class president nodded and beckoned me to follow him. I gave Daichi a smile and followed the class president to the Christmas tree. The Christmas tree was huge; it towered over me by so much. I was curious as to how people decorated it, but when I saw kids flying, I immediately understood.

     The class president went to get some materials for me, and soon, he returned with some big drawing pads and a bunch of pencils. I immediately got to the job. I drew boxes to put the materials in and also began drawing big candy canes, shining stars, cute gingerbread men, and  sparkling crystal ornaments. I put all the decorations in the box and then continued to draw angels and stars.

     I drew a huge star and wrote the words 'Alice Academy' across the middle of the star. I smiled, proud of the work. I carried the box to the decorators and went back to draw some more.

     Suddenly, I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I jumped and turned around to see Naoki snickering.

"What was that for?" I glare at him, continuing to work.

"Aw, is someone mad?" he teases, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

     My body immediately stiffened upon feeling his touch. Goosebumps appeared on my skin, and my face bloomed like rose bushes. I didn't say anything, but looked down to see his slim arms wrapped around my waist.

"Wh-what are you doing, Naoki?" I murmur quietly, my heart racing in my chest. I could hear the pounding of my heart in my ears.

Naoki learned forward and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Nothing much."

     And somehow, everyone seemed to notice the kiss. My face burned up even more, and everyone gasped upon seeing the position Naoki and I were in. Snickering and whispering erupted from around me as I heard Haruna pushing through the crowd to see what we were doing.