Chapter 13

I retired to my room, sighing to myself and closing my eyes. What was that all about? Was he that worried about me fainting in the halls?

     Smiling to myself, I thought that maybe he was worried about me. I sighed; that boy is just so confusing sometimes.

     I closed the door, and on my desk sat another present. Is Christmas back around again, or is it just me? A note was taped to the lid of the box.

Another gift. Seems like the tension is still pretty.. tough, isn't it? Hope you like them!

- Minoru Daichi

     Gosh, Daichi, I swear. You'll be broke if you continue giving me stuff. I feel like I should gift him something in return, but I don't know what. I feel downright guilty accepting all these gifts as an 'apology.'

     Opening the box, I squealed in excitement. Inside, there sat a pair of fluffy Totoro slippers. I could've fallen over and fainted if I hadn't contained most of my excitement. I stared at it with wide eyes. I can't believe Daichi knows that I love Totoro!

     After enjoying my warm slippers for an hour or so, I took them off and slipped into bed.

     I slipped them on to see what they did. Upon slipping my feet into the slippers, the shoes immediately warmed up. Not hot enough to burn, but just warm enough so my feet weren't freezing in the winter climate. Heat radiating slippers, I'm assuming.

          I absolutely loved them!

     I showered and came out dressed in a tight fitting long sleeve and thick pajama pants. I slipped into the slippers, enjoying the warmth it gave me and how the heat would send shivers throughout my body.

A new season! Hooray!

     It was spring now. Cherry blossoms were almost in bloom, and plants and flowers have started to grow back again. The entire school campus looked a lot less dead with the vegetation sprouting.

     And you know what's the best part about spring? Allergies! I've got them, and it is a huge pain in the butt. I'm constantly sneezing and sniffling, and it just increases when I'm near flowers. Stupid pollen.

     I also forgot to mention tests. Spring is the time for testing, woo hoo. Because who doesn't love testing on everything and just watching and hearing everybody die? I know I do! Reviewing, studying, getting pressured. It's the best!

     I walked to school with the uniform on. Black long-sleeved top with a square collar, blue plaid skirt. My bookbag was help in my left hand, and my right arm was being used as a shield to cover up my sneezes. It was covered with my snot (as disgusting as it already is).

     Good thing I remembered to bring tissues. I busted them out and began blowing my nose and used it to cover my sneezes as well. As soon as I stepped in to the building, I raced for the restroom to get some more tissues. I sneezed several times in there as well.

     I walked into the classroom, my room red from blowing my nose constantly. My nose was all dry, and my allergies just put me in a sickening mood.  Class was about to start, so I took my seat, slowly taking out everything and wishing I could be in my bed, sleeping.

     Class ended, and I took my time packing everything up. My allergies are really affecting my mood and energy. I exited out into the hallways, just to be roadblocked by Haruna. She had her hands on her hips and a digusting smirk on her face. Her feet were planted firmly to the floor.

"Awh," she fake sympathized. "Looks like someone has terrible allergies."

     Haruna snickered, and one of her followers manifested a huge bouquet of flowers in her hands. She handed it to Haruna, and Haruna shoved it in my face, but I managed to cover my nose just in time.