Chapter 11

I shoved my books and my pencil case into my book bag, packing for school. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, muttering curses under my breath. Why hadn't I packed all my stuff last night?

          Oh right.

     I was cramming all my homework last night, and that sweet kiss Daichi gave me was still replaying in my head. Good going, Aiko.

     Throwing on some extra layers, I tried to stay warm. I wore a soft long sleeve, a thick thermal, a comfy sweater, and a dark grey coat to keep me warm. I also wore thick, black tights. Call me overdressed, but I'd prefer to stay warm and cozy as opposed to being bedridden with a cold and fever.

     I slipped into my boots and grabbed my book bag, leaving my room. I waved at the dormitory manager and headed out. I still have about fifteen minutes before school starts, so I'll take my time.

     Staring at the snowy white ground, I didn't watch where I was going. Inevitably, I bumped into someone. I stumbled a bit, but the person I had knocked into steadied me. I looked at the person to see that it was Daichi.

"Morning, Daichi-kun!" I chirped cheerily.

"Morning," he gave me a half-smile, and ran off.

     I shrugged to myself. Oh well. I guess he didn't want to walk with me. I made it into the school, yawning quietly. Whispers erupted from around me. I raised an eyebrow at everyone.

          What was going on?

A girl snickered and pointed at me. "How are you doing with Daichi-kun and Naoki-kun?"

     My eyes widened. So this was what it was about? People were starting rumors and getting envious of the fact that Daichi and Naoki like me.

"Believe what you want," I retorted, smirking.

"What a slut," she whispered, thinking that I wouldn't hear.

"What a complete idiot you are believing in rumors," I said, loud enough for her to hear.

     Damn, rumors spread like a wildfire. Naoki entered the school, his hands bend and placed behind his head, expression calm. Everyone quieted and watched as Naoki's calm expression turned into a smirk, and he walked towards me. Naoki wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me close to him. He then gave me a quick peck on the lips.

He grinned. "Hey."

I blushed and looked at him, whispering, "What was that for?"

He shrugged, smirking. "Eh, nothing really. Just my way of greeting you."

"People are watching, you know?"

"Might as well give them a show."

     My red face deepened, and Naoki smirked at it. People in the hallways continued glaring back at me, especially the girls. I ran off to class with Naoki.

     I plopped down into my seat in homeroom, sighing to myself. I really can't believe that this is happening..

After class..

     The bell chimed, signaling the end of my class. I packed up and stormed out of the class, only to be stopped in the hallways by Hitoshi-sensei.

"Natsumi-chan, I need to talk to you," he said in a serious tone.

My heart quickened, and I stood there, nearly paralyzed. "Wh-what?"

"Don't worry; you're not in trouble. Just come with me," he said, and I took his arm. He led me to his class.

He sighed to himself, running his hands through his blonde hair. "Do you know what's going around this school right now?"