Chapter 2

Chapter 2! :D Let's do this!

-----

     I woke up to a pillow being shoved in my face. I immediately woke up, grabbing the pillow, and chucking it at the wall.

"Really, Hana? You're going to suffocate me with a pillow?" I ask, sitting up from the comfortable futon on the floor.

     The reason why I'm sleeping in Hana's room is because my star ranking hasn't been decided yet. So Hana offered to let me crash in her room, on the floor, of course. And I had taken in that offer, because hey, she offered a place for me to sleep.

"I never said anything about suffocating you," Hana replies, the corners of her lips twitching, and then she laughs.

"I don't know your intentions, though," I said, widening my eyes in exaggeration and slapping my hands to my face, making Hana seem like some kind of secretive murderer.

"Oh, shut up, Aiko. You should get dressed; we're going to eat breakfast soon," Hana says, smiling at me.

     I glanced at her to see that she was fully dressed in the uniform already. Her dark brown hair was thrown up in a high ponytail, her shining blue eyes bright.

"How do you get up so early?" I inquire, getting back into my futon and stretching a bit. "I honestly can't wake up this early."

"You'll get used to it," she says, "Now go get changed."

     My uniform was thrown on the futon, and I finally got out of the bed, picking up my uniform. I stood up and went into the restroom, stripping out of my pink-and-white polka-dotted pajamas, and slipped into my summer uniform. I brushed out my hair using my fingers and fish-tail braided it. I went outside to see Hana tapping her foot impatiently.

"It took you centuries to get ready," Hana joked, laughing. I rolled my eyes at her, laughing as well. "Come on, I'll take you to the dining room."

     Hana grabbed my wrist and dragged me down to the end of the hall where it opened up into a room full of food, drinks, and tables.

"You can choose your own food, of course. It's buffet style," Hana said, smiling at me. She ran off to get her own food.

     I grabbed a nearby plate and began filling it with food to my liking. I went for some okonomiyaki and miso soup. I'm not the type of person who eats rice for breakfast or eats a whole ton. With my food, I went and found an empty, isolated table, and sat down. There were forks and chopsticks neatly wrapped in napkins, ready to be used.

     I sat down, unwrapping the utensils and beginning to eat alone. While eating, my eyes wandered around the place. I also watched as some people walked by.

"Naoki-kun! Let's go sit with Aiko-chan!" Minoru exclaimed upon seeing me, holding his plate full of breakfast foods.

     Makoto looked at me, then back to Minoru, a smirk playing on his face.

"Got something going on with the new girl, Daichi?" Makoto suggests, wiggling his eyebrows.

     Minoru's cheeks blazed at his comment.

"Naoki-kun! What's going on in your head?" he asks, slapping one hand to his face. He then continues to walk over the table I'm sitting at and sit down next to me, Makoto across from me.

     My eyes quickly scanned over the two and their food. Minoru had bed hair, which looked adorable. He had a bunch of stuff piled onto his plate; you seriously couldn't see what was on the bottom. Makoto had his black hair swooped over his eyes. His plate had, uncannily, the same thing as I did.