Chapter 6

"Rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty!" someone shouted, yanking my covers.

I tried to slap the person, my eyes still closed, half-asleep. "Nngh, leave me alone.." I mumbled.

"Come on, Natsumi-chan! We have to get ready for school!" the same person presses.

I curl up into a ball, snuggling my pillow. "Leave me alone.. it's Saturday."

"Natsumi-chan, are you joking? It's Thursday! Come on! Get up!"

     I groggily sit up, rubbing my eyes but not opening them. I yawn several times, but after moments of sitting up, I fall back down, exhaustion dominating my body.

"Natsumi-chan.. Don't make me get the cold water!" the person threatened.

     I immediately sat up straight and popped my eyes open. The last thing I wanted was a massive cold in the middle of the winter. I looked to see that the person was Daichi.

"Daichi-kun, of all times.." I say, still tired.

     Daichi notices my sleeping attire and stifles a laugh. I raise an eyebrow at him, curious as to what's so funny.

"What?"

"N-nothing," he says, trying to cough and cover up his laugh.

"My pajamas are perfectly fine, thank you very much," I say, knowing that he was amused by them.

"They're just.. I didn't think that someone like you would wear them! Naoki-kun was right."

     I narrowed my eyes at him and gave him a hard slap on the head. Daichi immediately reacted by wincing and rubbing the area which I abused. My pajamas were perfectly fine, thank you very much! They're cute!

"Oh, be quiet, Daichi. Says the one with boxers that have hearts and says 'I love you' on them," I retort.

Daichi reddened upon hearing what I said. "Wh-who told you that?"

I press a finger to my lip, winking at him. "It's a secret." Thing is, it kind of was. I just happened to notice it when he bent down one time. But never was I going to tell him that.

"Just.. get ready for school! Argh," he says, running his hands through his hair.

     I laugh. Daichi was honestly the most adorable thing when he's blushing. I give his hair the slightest ruffle and jump out of bed.

"Today's the party, right?" I ask Daichi who's just sitting on my bed.

"Yep. I heard there's lots of food," he grins cheekily back at me.

     Once again, I laugh, and I go into the restrrom and do my morning routine. Brush my teeth, wash my face, moisturize, brush my hair, etc. You get the idea. After doing my morning routine, I threw on my uniform. Since it was cold outside, I threw on an olive green military jacket and some black leggings underneath my skirt. I also threw on a beanie for extra warmth and my favorite slouchy boots.

     I walked with Daichi to school and took my seat in the classroom. In the middle of a lecture, Naoki took the beanie off of my head, but I didn't bother causing a commotion over it. After all, I did care about my grades, so I just continued jotting down my notes.

     I assumed Naoki had put the beanie on because he was muttering something incoherent like, 'Damn, this is warm!' I shake my head, laughing to myself. After jotting down my notes, I look at Naoki who was wearing my comfy beanie.

"Care to give it back?" I ask, holding my hand out.

"Give what back?" he replies, giving my hand a slap.

"My beanie. Return it, please," I say politely.

"Give me a kiss and I will," he smirks, trying to make a deal with me.

     I blush upon hearing that. Why would he want me to do that? Is he trying to get Haruna jealous or something? Gosh, I wouldn't do something like that! Especially in the middle of class! What's his problem?

I attempt my puppy eyes on him. "Please give it back?" I whimper.

Naoki blinks upon seeing my puppy face and looks away, flustered. "F-fine.. here," he says, taking off the beanie and handing it to me.

     I take the beanie and smile at him, finding his warm hands and giving it a light squeeze. Naoki reddens even more, obviously trying to keep his cool.

     After class, I took my time walking home and chatting with Naoki and Daichi. All of us seemed really excited about the Christmas party and dance. I heard Hana had already gone home just to prepare.

     Once we reached the dormitory, I immediately went to my room and began picking my outfit out. It was just the party and not the dance, so it'd be reasonable to dress comfortable. I rummaged through my closet and picked out my favorite oversized knit coral sweater and a pair of light skinnies. I didn't exactly plan on wearing anything else. I'd just wear a tank top underneath the sweater, my sweater, the pair of light blue skinny jeans, and my pair of red Toms. Fine, right?

     My door somehow flew opened, and instinctively, I threw my clothes back into my closet, having the intent of hiding what I was going to wear.

"Hi," I said bluntly, looking at Naoki. Naoki looks at me, laughing.

"Yes?" I say, waiting for him to talk. "Have you ever heard of knocking?"

"Yes, I have heard of knocking. It's a new thing, right?" Naoki jokes, smiling at me.

"You could say it's a new thing," I smile back at him.

"So what did you throw into the closet?" he inquires, curious.

"Oh, nothing. They were just some old pieces of clothing that I found. I didn't like them, and plus, they looked a bit small no me, so I threw it back," I lied.

"Really, now?" he asks, raising a skeptical eyebrow.

"Mhm," I nod.

"So, want to go to the party with me?" he proposes.

"Hana and Daichi are coming with us too, right?"

Naoki hesitates and scratches the back of his head. "You know, I kind of wanted us to just go alone together.."

Shock ran through me. What? "Why me?" I say.

"B-because.. no reason," he lies.

"You're lying through your teeth," I say. Man, I was such a hypocrite. He didn't like me, did he?

"Well, how about this, then? We can walk to the party together and meet up with Hana and Daichi there. That way, Daichi can have his alone time with Hana, and you can be alone with me. Seems fine?"

Naoki grins at me. "Perfect."

"So see you in a few hours?" he says, looking at me as I sat on the bed.

"Sure," I smiled. "Come find me when you decide to go."

"Great," he smiles again and kisses me on the cheek. He walks out, an obvious grin on his face.

          He kissed me again. Gosh, I've become a giggling little girl, haven't I?