Chapter 14

I woke up with a cold feeling traveling down my spine. Sighing, I was glad that it was Friday. I would be able to sleep in and wrap myself in my blankets. School is really tiring me out though, especially with all the exams and such.

     Grabbing a tissue from the tissue box on top of my small dresser, I blew my nose into it. Quite loudly and roughly, if you ask me. I folded it, then blew my nose into again. I crumbled it and missed when I tried to toss it into the trash can.

     I went into the bathroom and splashed my face with warm water. I cleansed my face and then proceeded to brush my teeth. I filled my cup with water and wet my brush. I squeezed some toothpaste onto my brush and wet it again. I rinsed my mouth with some water and began brushing.

     After I finished brushing my teeth, I looked into the mirror. Light brown hair with streaks of naturally darker brown hair. Greenish-grey eyes that sparkled in the sunlight. Fair skin with a spray of freckles. Yep. That's me, alright.

     Considering that it was winter, my skin seemed to be even more pale. I looked more tired than I usually did, too. I slapped a hand to my forehead, realizing something. What time had I been sleeping these days? I would just shower before I went to sleep, not bothering to check the time. Man, I've probably been sleeping really late these days!

          No wonder I've been feeling like crap.

     I walked back into the main room, deciding on what I should wear. I'm getting kind of tired of wearing the school uniform. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I dressed my own way; after all, I did bring my own clothes to wear. I settled for a blush-colored cotton sweater, light wash jeans, and a pair of nude ballet flats. Since it's spring now, I can wear my flats!

     Switching out of my book-bag, I opted for a huge, tan-colored cross-body bag. I carefully placed my books and pencil case in there, making sure that everything fitted. I applied some lip balm to my lips, and then I slipped it into one of the smaller pockets in my bag along with some hand sanitizer.

     I threw on a white, knit beanie. It drooped, and I let my fringe show. My hair extended past my shoulders. I bounded towards the door, and then realization hit me. I twisted my heel, turned around, and took some allergy medicine. So that's what I was forgetting! I shoved the medicine in my bag as well.

     Finally, I left my room. Hopefully, I wouldn't run into Haruna. I honestly didn't want to deal with her crap at this time.

"Where do you think you're going?" A familiar, snobby voice sounded.

I sighed to myself. Speak of the devil. Slowly, I turned around to face her. "To school?" I responded with an innocent smile.

"In that?" she snorted, eyeing my outfit explicitly.

"Well, what do you think?" I retorted.

"You can't," she said, examining her fingernails, "they won't let you."

"And why not?" I ask, giving a quick glance at her outfit. She had on a baby pink checkered shirt, dark-wash jeans, and a pair of brown combat boots. A nice outfit, but I don't see why she was being so uptight about me dressing like this.

"Because you have to wear uniform?"

"Says the hypocrite," I smirked.

     Her mouth was left hanging open, and a strand of her hair fell into her face. I smirked slyly to myself.

"See you," I said innocently, wiggling my fingers to her as a signal of departure.

     I took my leave, smiling as I was finally outside. I took a deep breath, finally able to smell the air for once. Yes, I said it. Smell the air. Something latched onto my wrist, and immediately, my reflexes kicked in, and I moved my free arm to throw a punch.