Chapter 12

I scrambled back into my room, almost tripping twice on the way. Slamming the door, it closed, and I covered my face with my hands in stark embarrassment.

     Sighing, I began to take off my pajama top. As if on cue, my door swung open, and I was still in the process of removing my top.

     My face heated up. Who was it, and why don't they know how to knock? I quickly removed my top to find Naoki standing there, a smirk on his face. There was a mischievous glint in his eyes.

My eyes widened, ans I resisted the urge to scream. "G-Get out!" I exclaimed, covering my chest.

"Awh, I don't bite though," he replied, his smirk growing wider.

My face heated up even more. "C-Can you please, just get out?"

"Nah. I like what I see."

     My face was basically a tomato by now. Quickly, I ran into the restroom with my clothes and sighed. I changed and got out, a faint blush still tinting my cheeks.

     I had my uniform and a thick, light grey sweater over it. I pulled the collars of my uniform out. I had the uniform skirt on along with black tights and my brown boots. My brown hair was wavy from the way I slept, and I clipped my fringe away. I wrapped a baby blue scarf around my neck, just for extra warmth.

"No more leg exposure for the guys?" Naoki remarked, scanning my outfit.

I stood there, nearly frozen in shock. "What?"

"Oh, nothing," Naoki said, waving the subject off. "Come on. Let's get to school."

     First, he comes in without knocking while I was changing and makes an inappropriate innuendo. Now, he tells me that the guys drool over my legs. Damn it, Naoki!

     Naoki left my room, and I trailed behind him, closing the door, my book bag in my hands. He had his hands behind his head once again, expression cool and calm. He wore the regular uniform for boys and nothing else. However, he didn't seem to be cold in any way.

     We made it into the classroom with a minute or so to spare. The people that were inside already stared at us with wide eyes. I had no idea why. I was just about to leave Naoki to get to my desk, but then I realized what everyone was staring at.

          Our hands.

     Somehow, they had been interlaced, and I didn't even notice. My cheeks flushed, and even Naoki seemed a bit.. off while holding my hands. A nervous expression was written all over his face.

     He let go, and we went to our assigned seats. I arranged my materials on the desk neatly; in the corner of the desk sat a notebook and a few other books. On the other corner, I placed my pencil case there and took out a plain, pastel yellow mechanical pencil and an eraser. I had my glasses on since I couldn't see very well from the middle.

     I turned to look at Naoki. Absolutely nothing was on his desk, and he sat there, lazing around. His eyes were closed, but one opened upon me staring at him. My eyes widened, and a blush rose to my face. I put my face in my arms on my desk, trying to hide my face.

     Hitoshi-sensei began his lesson, but I didn't bother listening. I already know what he was going to teach us; he tells us every week's schedule ahead of time. I just skip ahead in my work and finish it all.

     Flipping open my notebook, I open it to blank, empty page, only printed with lines. I began drawing and sketching. It was my way to pass time in this class, and I loved it. Quite a few people complimented me on my drawing skills, but I wouldn't accept those compliments. I always thought that there was room to improve.