𝟐

CHAPTER 2
– IVY

I hold my black elegant broderie mask in both of my hands, contemplating the beautiful art of my maid, which I think is named Annabelle. During the time to wait for the guests to arrive, I went back in my luxurious room.
"Try it on. It will look good on you." I hear a voice behind me say.
I turn around, falling face to face with Mateo.

The Weasels is mafia we love to team with. Most of the time, we share our secret ideas and make out some plans together. The Weasels are known for their incredible drug dealing abilities and deadly weapon possession. It's been approximately a week now that they stayed here, to attend the ball, because their domain is pretty far away from Rome, they live in Chicago.
Since childhood, Mateo and me were best friends. I remember exactly every detail the day we met.
We were both six years old when our dads decided to have an important meeting to start a project. They were in a white rectangular room with a very long table in the middle. I was curious to see what was happening so I opened the door and saw them shaking their hands, probably having a deal. Mateo walked up behind me and we both jumped on our dads, that made them giggle.

Speaking of my dad, the only person that actually notices me is him. Since birth, my Hispanic mom, Maria would always make sure I felt like trash.
Her piercing light green eyes would stare at me in disgust when ever she passes in front of me.
One day at the dinner table, i dropped my fork on the ground. Not even a moment late, she started screaming at me, lecturing me about being "girly" and "polite". Which, if you ask me, made no sense.
Her long thick black hair was as shiny as a pearl, that she never missed to flick around.
Something I think was pretty obvious, is that she only married my dad for his money. Thanks to him, she earned the title of "the most beautiful woman in humanity" and most important of all, she is the boss of our mafia, the most powerful mafia in the world.

For years and years, I would fear her, and pray every night to not get any scars the next day. Because of her, every time I look in the mirror I would see someone horrid and disgusting, compared to my sister.

Ivy was probably the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She had emerald green sparkling eyes, that were lightly wrinkled because of all the smiling. Her dark crow hair was so healthy all the girls that pass in front of her would be jealous.
Every time her foot would step out of her own house, dozens of boys would stare at her like if she's an expensive jewel everyone wants to buy.

Never in my life I was jealous of her. We were best friends as much as we were twins. Her kindness always invaded me and a soft smile would always place on my lips when I think of her.
Every night, she would either hug me goodnight or would sneak me out to parties. Our parents, mostly my mom, were very kind and happy with us, she was kinder to me purely to make Ivy happy. They would let us do anything we want. We were everything to them.

Until the accident.

The car crash we had last year was actually pretty dangerous unless if we consider falling off a high cliff normal.

It was July fifteenth on a sunny weekend. Not only that, it was Ivy's birthday. It was my birthday too, of course, but that's not the main subject. As soon as she woke up, we both ran to fetch our phones and immediately organised a pool party with everyone. Splashes and giggles were everywhere while we prepared some delicious tropical cocktails. After the party, we wanted to spend more time with our loving parents so we practically dragged them with laughs to our Bentley.

We wanted to go to the best restaurant in town.

The highway we had to take was right beneath a mountain. The road would get higher and higher and after a while, we were above the clouds, only having a cliff to hold us. That didn't stop us from speeding and playing loud music, repeating that it would be the best day of our lives.
A really tight turn appeared in front of us, that my dad didn't notice. The car dashes off as it went flying in the air, with us in it. Screams of fear were coming out of my mouth as I knew that none of this was going to end good, considering the height we were at.