𝟏𝟖

CHAPTER 18
- THE INTRUDER

"Oh honey! What a nice surprise! We missed you so much!" A very excited voice exclaims as soon as the majestic huge entrance doors open, viewing Daniel and a Maria who seemed as if she was forced to greet her daughter.

Aurora's father seemed to age slightly, his brown hair started to grow some light grey roots, but it was barely perceptible, it was the girl who had a strong vision.

Some visible wrinkles were around the corner of his mouth, which was stretched to a huge smile. His arms were parted, as if he wanted to hug the three people at the same time, but everyone knew that he only had eyes for Aurora.

He approaches them all and smiles to Mateo, who nods back. Daniel was used to Mateo's presence in his house, thanks to the boy's dad, who had an alliance with the Vipers.

But as soon as the girl's father notices Romeo, his face drops and all his smile wrinkles fade, he was clearly surprised, and he seemed scared, frightened even. Romeo looks at Daniel and his jaw tenses. A moment later, his gaze was diverted on the floor, not wanting to make eye contact with the co-leader of the strongest mafia.

"Dad no. Can we talk inside?" I immediately jump in between the two people, fearing a fight.

The father in question looks at the girl, and then Romeo. His eyes divert back and forth between them two and he furrows his eyebrows.

"Come in." He mutters while caressing the back of his neck, visibly not thinking of another better choice.

Her feet steps in the place where her entire childhood took place, where she walked her first steps and said her first words, and also, where Christina got murdered. She'll never see the ballroom the same way anymore, Aurora is sure that if she walks in that area, a vision of her  favourite cook lying on the ground with a bloody hole on her forehead will appear in front of her eyes.

The young woman shuts her eyes for a couple seconds, to catch her breath and opens them right after, just to notice everyone's eyes on the poor princess, including a maid that has just appeared behind Daniel.

"Please take them to the lounge room at the first floor." He asks with a demanding tone to the lady who was contemplating Aurora as if she was a trophy that had shattered in front of her. Her globes were full of pity, and her eyebrows were sad, as if she wanted to show her empathy for her.

Aurora, who was very uncomfortable under her strong gaze, looks to the floor and waits for the maid to catch up with what the king has just said. She shakes her head, as if to jump out of a transe and tells the guests to follow them.

"Aurora, stay with me honey. We need to talk." Her father speaks in a kind tone, but still with a pinch of warning hiding in his big brown eyes.

The girl in a short skirt nods, avoiding eye contact with anyone, already dreading what she will be forced to explain to her parents.

Mateo, Romeo and obviously the maid were probably in the lounge-guest room by now, meaning that the only people standing in the big hallway were Daniel, Maria and a very shy Aurora.

"Before you start a whole speech on why Romeo shouldn't have entered our domain, I have a few things to explain." The girl suddenly lifts her head and says with confidence.