𝟐𝟒

CHAPTER 24
- DEPRESSINGLY NUMB

Aurora's eyes shoot wide open as her breathing was immediately heavy. Slightly confused, she looks around and realises she's laying on her bed, which was rather odd, the girl usually slept on the window sill to see the beautiful moonlight shine on her soft features. The stars were what occupied the princess. She would connect them and it formed a shape, most of the time, they were rather basic, such as a heart shape or even a smiley face.

She just had a nightmare, and it wasn't the first one of the night. But this one was definitely scarier than all the other ones she got.

But the hilarious part was that she couldn't remember it at all, the only thing she recalled was a tall man approaching her more and more.

As soon as the memory appeared in her mind, Aurora realised that the dream wasn't simply made up.

Before she could think even more of what happened last night, a headache worth of screaming pains the princess. To top that, something seemed to be fiddling in her stomach.

Immediately jumping out of bed, which caused her to be dizzy, although she didn't care, Aurora starts sprinting towards her bathroom, and as soon as she had the opportunity to approach the toilet, everything pours out of her mouth with a strong smell.

Gagging and making faces of disgust, normal tears spill from her eyes due to the strong smell.

Luckily for her, the door bursts open, but Aurora didn't turn her head nor flinch at the sound, instead, she continued vomiting in the bassin, despite her emetophobia.

A soft hand grasps the hair surrounding her face as she continues to empty herself. Aurora guessed that the person was Keisha, she was almost certain.

"It's okay, Aurora. Just tell me when you're done." The same feminine and dreamy voice that Aurora knew spoke, confirming her identity.

The princess truly thought that she was about to choke on her own liquid, but a few seconds later, nothing came out of her mouth. The only sound was her panting.

"My head hurts." She mutters while Keisha leads her to the sink, splashing some cold water on her mouth to hunt away the germs surrounding it.

Feeling rather dizzy and empty, as soon as she was sure that her face was clean, her feet force her to the bed, with a whole bunch of effort, and she placed her bottom on the soft mattress slowly.

Keisha speed-walks towards a shelf full of various medications in the bathroom. A moment passed of her hand grabbing some containers and reading the names out loud before she found what she was looking for.

The girl was now sitting on the edge of the bed while Aurora was comfortably curled up, as if she was a cat getting ready to take a nap.

"Open your mouth." Keisha demands.

The princess executes her command and a pill is shoved through her lips. A glass of water that was once in her friend's hand was now pouring it's contents into Aurora's body through her throat.

"I feel sick." Aurora mutters under her breath as soon as her mouth was humid enough for a voice to escape from it.

"It's from last night." Keisha affirms, while placing the empty goblet on the bedside table, obviously referring to the amount of alcohol she consumed in such a little time but the princess was mostly thinking about what the man had done to her.