𝟓

CHAPTER 5
– LOCKED UP

"I'm going to kill her. I'm going to kill her right now." I hear the man say in his deep, dangerous voice.

The world stopped moving around me once again, causing me to be all dizzy. I felt everything fall to my feet as my head seemed heavier than ever. I distinguish some voices coming from the other side of the wooden door, but I've heard enough. Walking sideways and tripping every two steps, I successfully reach til the corridor I was in a couple minutes ago. This time, I had the spirit to not enter the room I woke up in. I precipitately run til a random door and open it. As soon as I close it, I lean my back against it and soon hear some loud footsteps getting up the stairs. I squeeze my eyes shut as the only thing I tried to focus on was my heavy breathing.
A scream of rage resonates in the whole house, I could've sworn even people in Spain heard him.
"Where are you, little bitch?" He shouts. I guess from the loud noise he was causing that he was breaking everything on his way.
A whimper escapes my mouth, that I cover immediately, not wanting to get noticed.
"Romeo! Get you're ass over here right now!" He exclaims loudly.
Some different, softer footsteps were heard, probably going up the stairs.
"What are you doing? Everyone will fucking hear you with all the clamour you're causing!"
"Your princess escaped." He replies with a murmur, still angry.

Romeo stays completely silent.
"She couldn't be far anyways."

I sense them walking and opening random doors of the hallway thanks to the squeaking sounds.
I knew that if I don't do something at this instant, the only thing left of me would be paintings. Suddenly, like if a light bulb just turned on in my head, I got an idea.
I contemplate the room, desperately hoping to find something that will help me in my plan. It was the first time I actually started to pay attention to what was around me.

It was also a bedroom. But, it didn't look like the one I woke up in at all. The theme would rather be purple. Ahead of my was a purple bed with beautiful silky sheets and pillows. It was a king-sized four poster bed. The wooden bars surrounding the bed were a creamy white, that matched the modern wardrobe right in front of it. A same coloured window was at the back of the room, the shape was kinda round with some panels of square decorations complimenting it. A small window sill with some fluffy blankets was also there. It rather looked like a guest room. Nothing was special in this area.

Thankfully, I immediately noticed a thick rolled rope on the bed. I had absolutely no idea what it was doing there, but it was perfect.

ROMEO'S POV:

I simply stand, watching my father, Boris, destroy everything coming along his way. I captured Aurora right after she passed out, not bearing to let her in an exploding castle. My dad was ready to kill me when he found out I let a member of The Vipers enter our territory.

It was rather hard to transport her unconscious body from Rome to New York, but I didn't complain.

"She can't be far." He says, opening random doors, letting out a small sound of rage each time he would be face to face an empty room.
Suddenly, the sound of a staircase creaking catches both of our attention immediately. Boris pushes me aside, making me hit the wall brutally with a grunt. I don't have time to react, I directly sprint to my father. Even from feet away, I could sense his rage. He was completely silent and had balled fists, staring at the floor, where the creaking sound came from. I watch his twitching eyes as he practically shakes of anger.
"That bitch, she tricked us." He announces as he points to the floor.
I contemplate a big rock. An elastic was wrapped around it, with what I guess was holding the unfolded note.
"Gotcha. Better luck next time."
I smile to myself, that I immediately wipe off, not wanting to make my dad more mad than he already is.
"Find her. She's probably not far." He demands, making me spin around and opening random doors on my path.
At my third attempt of randomly opening doors without even checking in the rooms, I feel very chilly when I enter one. I throw a small glance left and right, and notice the white window open, with a very thick rope hanging from it.
I run til the window and lean on the edge. I look around, not sure if I could even find Aurora with all the dashing green trees in front of me.