𝟐𝟔

CHAPTER 26
- THE TRYOUTS

After countless blood, sweat and tears, the day of the tryouts has finally arrived, and Aurora was more than ready.

Her gun-shooting skills were pretty good, but nothing could beat her knife-throwing talent, which was extraordinarily beyond limits.

She couldn't exactly remember how she learnt to manipulate them, she only knew that since childhood, the young woman had a deep interest towards the stabbing object.

Since that moment, she won many prizes and trophies regarding her skill, and Aurora was proud.

Perhaps she was happy of herself because knives were dangerous, sharp, deadly, and it somehow could prove that the princess was cold and heartless.

But it didn't truly matter anyways, no one seemed to think she was scary.

And she absolutely hated it.

Her mind was extremely slow since the day she went to the strip club. Every little action that she did drained all the energy from her body away.

She woke up because of a little jump felt in her stomach. Confused, the woman looks at it, and sees her body as it normally would be. It took a few seconds of reflexions for the young woman to realise she had a nightmare.. again. Her body didn't seem to respond to her commands since that day, even her memories seemed blurred, but she knew that it was temporary. She simply went through trauma.

As soon as Aurora remembered the tryouts were in a few hours. She jumped out of bed while she felt adrenaline flow through her veins. She was terrified, but also excited to know what challenges her mother reserved.

Her eyes were slightly puffy as a result of her lack of sleep, purely because she didn't allow her body to do so, the princess kept trying to remember her rapist's face every single night, without any success of course, she was drunk, and had no detailed memory of what happened.

The only thing she still recalled were the dangerous, black eyes of the man. What occurred after that was rather obvious.

All the other memories were simply blurry and didn't make any sense, apart from a few words that Romeo spoke when they were alone in his office..
'You know I want to remove that little dress of yours and fuck you hard?'

Perhaps she remembered that sentence because it had an impact on her, only because no one ever said that sentence to her before, but Aurora wanted to pretend as if she forgot about what he said, and she had no idea why.

Maybe because things would seem far too awkward if they were alone someday.

The princess shakes her head to remove all the thoughts travelling through her mind. They were all related to the night she went to the strip club, and she definitely hated thinking about it.

Yawning and still sleepy, she enters the walk-in wardrobe located beside her room as she looks for some pants to put on.. for the first time in her life, apart from pyjamas, naturally. The young woman usually preferred wearing skirts.

She finds a pair of cargo black ones she never knew she owned. Shrugging her shoulders with contentement of finding that piece of clothing rapidly, she grabs it and immediately slips it on her body.