𝟏𝟐

CHAPTER 12
- THE GREAT NEWS

After some while of being deeply interested in the history of mafias, which had mentioned her own one loads of times, Aurora noticed that the usual tumult of the people resting and chatting in the lounge room has disappeared for some while.

She raises her head from a book she will probably take back to her room, and realises that everyone left the place, she didn't expect this at all, she could've sworn that at least five minutes ago, everyone was talking and laughing together, sometimes clicking their drinks and saying 'cheers' louder and louder each time. Even the waiters who usually pass through the couches, looking for someone that wants to order something, had left.

Aurora was all alone, with nothing but a fire pit as a  source of light and a book to occupy herself, nevertheless, she shrugs, rather content of not hearing the noise that kept on distracting her from her history novel.

While flipping for the first time through the pages, words can't describe the wave of proudness she felt as soon as she noticed that her mafia was mentioned many times in world records.

As an example, Aurora got to finally see some pictures of her ancestors in the section of the 'worlds best mafia competition'. In effect, her mother's gang has won every single award during the last century. It has been a record for any foundation to be first for such a long duration.

Seeing her family made her happy and nostalgic for a moment, she even smiled at the view of her father behind Maria, looking shy but visibly proud. But not even a moment later, a tear rolled down her cheek as she starts thinking about her dad, missing him a whole lot.

She wanted for the rumours to be over.

The rumours should be over.

Aurora swallowed those words as if they were a particularly strong energy drink, causing her sleepy eyes to suddenly wake up, her body, which was about to be installed in a comfortable position for a peaceful nap immediately jumps out of the couch and her hands ball into fists, some white parts were visible on her knuckles because of all the pressure Aurora was putting in them.

She had to do something.

And that's why, not even a couple minutes later, she managed to convince Mateo (in the hotel bathroom, not wanting to be near Romeo), to go to the restaurant with the other boy. He tried insisting for Aurora to come, but she refused.

She opens the computer Romeo has left at the room before abandoning her, convinced to do something about all the fake rumours spread by Samantha.

The girl with long black hair immediately opens the secret file full of hidden mafias and starts searching through the killer's information.

Aurora finds a personal section about Samantha after clicking on her name among the list of servants.
Everything seemed normal, her age, name, height, and other identity was written but in a small corner on the right of the screen, we could notice a minuscule phrase:
Has already went to jail for illegal activities.

No details, neither explanations, nothing. But the book obsessed decided to leave the murderer in a corner of her mind, already thinking about her next step.

Going back to Rome.

But of course, Aurora had to first find a lawyer.