𝟐𝟓

CHAPTER 25
- BLOODY STITCHES

January had finally came to an end, causing a warmer breeze to welcome February.

Aurora spent half of her day staring at the ceiling, her stomach filling her body with regrets of the night at the club, and the other half of the time, Keisha would drag her out of bed to practise shooting, although the princess knew it was simply for her mind to be occupied.

She was starting to become better and better at manipulating guns. Sometimes, she shot the red circle, which was the hardest one yet, causing her friend to hug her over a million times, which was suffocating, Aurora hated hugs. She would simply pat her shoulder with an awkward smile in return.

The mafia tryouts were approaching day by day, which caused Aurora's stomach to twist in dread. Her mother was the judge. Maria will choose whether the princess gets chosen or not, and considering the amount of hatred she had for her daughter, Aurora's hopes were low.

Nevertheless, she was determined to make her biological mother speechless. Words couldn't describe how much Aurora wanted to be part of the mafia, and this was her only chance.

In effect, the young woman was the type of person who would feel her heart break while watching sad movies, or when a person starts crying.

And she absolutely hated how pure her heart was.

It was her biggest weakness, which is why she tried her best to act fierce in front of her familiars, apart from Maria, who knew how to make her feel unworthy more than anyone ever could.

She couldn't tolerate a human-being saying she was kind and loving. Those two feelings could be used against her easily.

Or that was her mindset as soon as Ivy died: be heartless, be strong.

"And bullseye again, Aurora!" Keisha exclaimed with her hands placed on her hips, watching the woman hold the weapon with a lot more experience than her first time.

The princess smiles in return. The truth was that she wanted to try something new. Shooting in tree trunks started to became rather boring and repetitive.

As if her friend was reading her mind, she smirks and hands Aurora a way bigger gun, and far more heavier.

"Rifle. Great for hunting. Dad taught me how to use it." Keisha exclaims, while watching the young woman manipulate the object in her hands with great interest.

"Try it out." She then simply says before leaning her back on a tree behind her.

Aurora licks her lips while shaking slightly.

As if the universe was on her side, a bird, which was flying above her head with a chirping noise, landed on the ground, smelling the fallen leaves.

"Do it, Aurora." Her friend whispers, not taking her eyes off the majestic white animal.

She raises her weapon and unlocks the safety lever carefully while letting out a small whimper, that her friend thankfully didn't hear.

The princess positions her eyes on the same level as the object and closes one of them.

Her finger presses on the trigger slightly, but she immediately aimed the floor on purpose as soon as the bullet came out of the gun. The bird chirps and flies away in fear, causing a Keisha to be slightly disappointed.