𝟏𝟓

CHAPTER 15
- A TRUE FRIEND?

Aurora wakes up with a huge jolt. Her eyes were still shut tightly, scared to discover what would lay ahead of them. Some incessant icy chills travelled through her body, as if she was completely soaked in cold water.

The sounds and voices around her were fade, distant. Like she was underwater, and the people speaking remained at the surface, above the liquid.

"No.. no.." a very familiar mutter resonates through the deep and dark ocean. The voice was scared, terrified, in correct terms.

"Dear,.. why be scared?" A masculine sound gets heard by the girl. Not even a moment later, her father, Daniel, bursts through the creepy and solitary liquid prison with a tender smile plastered on his face, he was in the water, yet completely dry, the way his position was maintained looked like he was levitating.
Aurora's laugh echos through the place, her giggles were heard everywhere.

But not even a second later, she realises that the smile on his face seemed plastic, fake, like a barbie doll. His eyes were way too wide for them to actually look like Daniel's and his usual messy caramel hair was slicked back with gel, which is something that he would've never done.

Her laugh immediately turns into a scream, a piercing scream, not because of the doll-looking face, but because of her father, suddenly morphing in a black shadow, everything was black and only black. She couldn't distinguish a single body shape, it was just a sort of oval darkness.

"It's okay.. I'm just watching you." The caressing voice trails, extending it's hand, which was covered with blood.

Aurora watches the body part, and suddenly, her head snaps down as she lets out another piercing scream.

Christina, her personal cook who was murdered at the ball was laying unconscious on the ground, with a hole on her forehead. Her mouth was open, and as soon as Aurora wanted to let out a cry, the woman opens her huge eyes, her face was now as fake as her father's.

"At least my injuries aren't as bad as hers." The sound that escaped from the cook's mouth says carelessly, pointing at another figure laying on the ground.

Aurora approaches the silhouette and feel a huge chill send down her spine, as if an iced bucket was dumped over her head. Fear waves through her body and as much as she tried to open her mouth to let out another scream, no sound would get out of it.

Her sister's head was cracked open and blood was flowing down her body.

Aurora's eyes jolt wide open as she sits up quickly at the same time, causing her head to feel extremely dizzy. Her vision blurs slightly and she shifts on her spot slightly to re-center herself.
"Thank God she's awake. You fuckers should've never gave her a sleeping potion, she visibly got a nightmare." An angry, growling voice exclaims loudly.

"We're trying our best sir." A helpless and clear feminine sound says.

She blinks a couple of times, which thankfully dusted all the blur in her eyes away.

Ahead of her was a television, but it didn't look like the one in the business class area, it was newer. She turns her head to the right and immediately notices a huge amount of coton-like hair, some matching brown eyes and tinted lips staring at her with pure worry.
"Romeo?"