𝟒

CHAPTER 4
– INTRUDER

A heart-breaking scream comes out of my mouth, making everyone in the room even more terrified than they already were. I physically felt my soul break in half as the only thing left of me was a depressed, broken person. Christina was always there for me. Even when I was covered with bruises, she would always make sure to help me not get any infections. Christina was like a mother to me. A real one.

At the same time, all the guests start shouting and running around, pushing whatever they see to get out of the castle, causing the guard to fall on his bottom. To my surprise, I feel a strong hand grip my arm. I tried to push the person away, but the pressure was harder than I thought.
"Stop wait! Christina! We need to save Christina! It's still not over." I plead to him, balling my eyes out, practically on my knees.
"It's over for her." I hear Romeo's distant voice say. As I stand up, although my vision was blurry because of the emotional shock, I distinguished his dark emotionless eyes, staring at me. As soon as our eyes meet, his expression changes to a soft one as he parts him arms to give a quick hug.

"The castle isn't safe anymore. Samantha made sure to leave bombs everywhere. I heard her saying it to someone I believe is her worker. I didn't do anything because I thought she was talking about another castle." He mutters under his breath, still having a strong grip on me.

Meanwhile, the chaos around us was still taking place. Every single person in this room was running around. The only people that were still were Romeo and me.

And Christina. A voice in my head says, causing me to sob even more in his arms. After realising in what type of situation I was stuck in, I let a gasp.

No guns or weapons were allowed in the ballroom because Christmas was a day of peace for the mafia. My own personal stylist, that I really admired for her talent in fashion, just killed one of the only people I love. I cannot trust anyone in this castle anymore, in fear of finding out they were also on Samantha's team and now, I literally got kicked out of my home, that will explode soon.

Wait a second, that will explode soon!

"Romeo! The castle is going to explode! We have to go!" I shout, covering the noise from the public. I took a quick look around to make sure everyone was heading to the exit and it didn't take long for me to realise Samantha was nowhere to be seen. The positive point was that only a dozen of people were left in the hall.
The last thing I remember was Romeo holding my hand, leading me to the big doors before everything went black, making me feel dizzy.

𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹

I wake up, feeling light headed, like if a puzzle got completed in my head, leaving me without thoughts. The first thing I noticed was the unusual feeling of a bed that wasn't mine. My sheets were always silky, giving it a soft texture. While the only thing I felt under me was a fluffy feeling, like if I was lying on a bear. Something weird was the king-sized four poster black bed, surrounded by some dark red closed curtains, blocking my view. But some sunlight was still shining through them. I sit up precipitately, causing my breath to fasten.

Where was I?

I approach the curtains and part them with a small hand movement. I immediately understood that this wasn't a room in the castle.

The room was very big and rectangular. A wall right beside the bed was busy with a black bookshelf, that covered the whole entire wall. Various books with leather covers were sitting on it, they seemed ancient. The wall facing me had a long dark red desk, filled with papers and pens. I was too far to read the papers. 'I'll check them later.' I think to myself. A very cozy looking black chair was also there, making me want to just sit on it for the whole day. A very elegant big dark red wardrobe was also present next to the desk. Something that catches my eye since the moment I opened the curtains was the window sill, that was covered with blankets and pillows. I noticed how it gave a great view to the sun.