𝟐𝟖

CHAPTER 28
- THE MISSION

"Are you ready?" Aurora whispers in a shaky tone while bringing her knife at-the-ready.

Keisha nods without any sound escaping her mouth, just as terrified as the young woman.

"Everything is going to be okay." Mateo reassures both girls, not wanting to show the fact that him too, was also stressing.

Mateo and Keisha weren't on talking terms, they were awkward around each other, considering the fact that they already shared a bed.

Aurora squeezes both her friends hands while taking a deep breath.

"Let's go." She says in a confident tone, determined to fight every single soul inside the building.

The princess was terrified to go inside. Not because she wasn't confident in her friends' skills, on the contrary, she knew how talented they were. But, Aurora wasn't a gifted child. She wasn't fearless and cold-hearted. If her team even had the opportunity to catch an enemy, she wouldn't be able to murder them, because she would feel bad for weeks, years, and much more.

But she knew that her friends wouldn't be like her. They would be powerful mafia leader and incredibly successful, purely because they couldn't care less about some random strangers, and Aurora envied them for that.

Unfortunately, the princess knew that if she ever was supposed to commit a murder inside that building, she wouldn't be able to do it, and surely, she would be killed.

Aurora knew that she would die tonight.

She felt it. In her bones, veins, brain, basically, her whole body.

And she already promised herself to not make her friends sacrifice themselves for her.

Mateo was the first person to make the first step towards the building.

It was tall and white. A few windows were also visible, but it didn't change the odd vibe that was coming from the place.

A black and plain barrier was all around the drug base, to avoid some unwanted visitors.

Aurora sighs once again and forces herself to follow her friend's way. Keisha seemed to be realising that there was no going back, so she loaded her heavy-looking weapon and marched until the front door, which was black and simple.

"Remember, catch the enemies, if possible kill them, take pictures and run away." Aurora whispered rapidly, repeating their plan for what seemed to be the hundredth time, she only wished the mission would be that easy.

"Why couldn't Rufus' guards do the dirty work?" Keisha mutters furiously.

"Maria suggested us. Of course, she will be receiving most of the money." The princess explained with an eye roll.

Mateo placed a hand on the door before pushing it open violently.

With a loud and creaking noise, causing the trio to make a face.

Aurora steps ahead her male friend and holds her personal knife tightly. If everything turned out okay, she wouldn't need to use the poisonous arrows, placed on her back.