𝟕

CHAPTER 7
– VISITORS

In the morning as soon as I woke up, the only thing I could feel were the raging butterflies fluttering in my stomach. Last night, Romeo made sure to make me remember him. I lost my virginity way easier than I thought.

I open my eyes with a small groan, proceeding to roll over on my stomach. With my chin laying on my pillow, I zone out, not actually thinking of something.
"Good morning." He murmurs in a morning voice. Turning to him, I see his sleepy face with his half-closed eyes.
"Hey." I whisper.
I couldn't bare the awkward silence so I immediately rushed til the bathroom. Looking at myself in the mirror, I fix my hair and wash my face. I look up in the mirror, right after feeling the creamy soap vanish thanks to the water, and I notice a silky black dress with gold straps hanging on one of the clothing hooks.
The dress was beyond beautiful so the next thing I knew, I was wearing it, contemplating myself in the mirror. Relieved, I take count of my makeup bag on the sink, where I left it last night before sinking in bed. I wore some glittery lip gloss, some mascara that gave a lot of volume and a big eyeliner wing. I grab the blush and highlighter from the bag and put some.

I was ready in no time.

Suddenly, I hear some rushed and furious-looking bangs on the hotel door.
"Romeo, Aurora, open up. We know you're in there and we won't hesitate to break the door."
I worryingly blast the bathroom door open, I notice Romeo standing at the entrance with a closed expression. He indicates me to stay quiet with a simple gesture as he takes a gun from his suitcase discreetly.

Slowly and carefully, he opens the door. Peaking his head.
"Oh hey guys, long time no see. Look, I'd love to chit chat but I'm busy right now okay? Bye." He says sarcastically at the view of three dangerous looking guys with completely black eyes and slicked back hair. They had black clothes with short sleeves, showing their muscles, holding a very non-friendly gun in their hand. With a failed attempt, Romeo tries to close the door, that didn't budge, because of one of the guys holding it.
Without talking, the middle guy suddenly shows his phone.

Colour leaves my face as I look at what he was intending to show in fear.

It was the picture of me and Romeo I posted online when we were at the Eiffel Tower.

"Is this familiar?" The dude holding the phone says, tilting his head.
"Romeo, your father wants to kill you. He sent us to come get you. Step out now before we do his job in front of your lady."

Romeo breaths a deep sigh and proceeds to get out of our hotel room, leaving me still at the bathroom door, petrified.
I immediately follow him after a couple of seconds of thinking.

The three guys were circling Romeo, pointing their dangerous weapons at him. He puts his hands on the air, dropping his gun. I noticed the small look he gave me before listening to what the guys were about to say. No one else noticed I was there.
So, I got an idea.
"Good job. Kill him." One of them demands to his gang.
"Before I die, I must say you are dumb. Like dumb as fuck. Because you completely forgot that Aurora is part of the most powerful mafia in the world, you just left her wander off, leaving her time to get some weapons. Oh by the way, say your last words buddy." Romeo explains in a single breath. He then points to the guy that showed us the picture of him and me.

I smirk to the man as soon as he turns around to face me, frightened. The gun I have in my hand clicks and within seconds, he dropped to the floor, with a huge bloody hole between his eyebrows, a slight memory of Christina having the same injury appeared in front of my eyes, but I immediately remove the thought from my mind.
"Pity. You were kinda hot." I whisper to his dead body before taking a look at Romeo, who was already watching me with a raise eyebrow, complimenting his smirk.
"You guys better run before we kill you too." I say effortlessly to the two other men, who immediately run away, whimpering.
"Great. Now my hairs a mess." I say to myself as I roll my eyes.

𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹

"Here. I found some identity." I murmur to Romeo, who was right behind me while I was on my computer.
"Thomas Caravilla. It's the guy that we killed. Co-leader of the Lions mafia. Not anymore. He had a couple criminal records. All of them were because of rape, sexual assault and pedophilism. Well, you won't be missed Sir Caravilla. Well deserved." I say with a triumphant smile."
"He was a close friend of my dad. A real psycho. Whenever I was on a mission to kill somebody he would always offer to torture or rape them before their death. What's funny to me is that I got kicked out of my own mafia. I'll take care of that later anyways." Romeo explains with a small laugh.

"Here's the other guy, the one that would hide behind him. Andrea Botrelli. He's a big fan of banks. That's probably where he got all his money from. But he doesn't work for any mafia, it's more of a gang. Do you know The Strangers? Hold up, let me check the third guy." I suddenly say, curious.
"That's what I thought. The third dude is part of that team too."

"I have no idea who those two can be. Wait a second, do you think it's possible that Thomas tried to make his own gang?" Romeo immediately thinks, lost in his thoughts.
"He probably wanted to betray you guys anyway, that's why he wanted to kill you, to not have an enemy more dangerous than him." I complete.
He gives me a small approval nod with a cute little smile.
"Not bad."

Something I did while he went to take a shower right after hiding the body, was looking on internet what kind of rumours Samantha spread about me, I won't lie, I was kind of disappointed.

The millionaire princess Aurora Duclaire has been called out by one of her personal servants, Samantha Craimer, about how much she has been liking to capture some people she didn't appreciate, to later on kill them. The police are still looking for her but a post of her and none other than Romeo Grayson at Paris had gone viral. We hadn't heard of them ever since.

Seriously, she knew so much personal secrets about the mafia and she said this? It will be pretty easy to just stop the rumours with some money anyways. I hadn't told Romeo yet, I felt like he already had enough problems with his own mafia.

I heard him talking on the phone before, he seemed agitated and was trying to explain something to someone.
"You don't understand. I could kick out my dad if I wanted to, I would even kill him. If you leave our mafia, you die. That's the rule." He nearly screamed in a growling voice.

Of course, I didn't ask him anything else, he would then know I eavesdropped his conversation. I was expecting for him to tell me what was bothering him.
At that exact moment, a phone started ringing, at first, I had a small jump because of the silence that was in the room moments ago. But later on, I believed that it was Romeo's phone but I soon realised that someone was calling me!

I rushed til my phone, that was laying on the bed while I was at the desk and I immediately answer it, not paying attention to the "unknown" caller ID.
"Hello?" I ask suspiciously.
"Aurora? Thank God I've been trying to join you for so long. Mom never let me. It's me, Ivy. Your sister."

-

1.3k words

3k words