𝟏𝟒

CHAPTER 14
- TOO CLOSE FOR ENEMIES

Words couldn't describe how excited Aurora felt as soon as she laid her bottom on the business class seat. Adrenaline was running through her veins and she was smiling from eye to eye to whoever passed in front of her.

She mentally thanks whoever designed the airplane, because a huge tv screen was laying in front of her eyes, accompanied with some wireless earphones, that Aurora could probably take back home. The theme of the business class area was gold and luxurious, that complimented the red suits of the flight attendants, and the women who had red lipstick, it gave some sort of classy vibes.

Her seat was huge, she could've bet that three people would comfortably sit on it. A literal controller was stuck to the seat, specifically designed to change the chair's angle and movement.

She immediately takes ahold of it and plays with the buttons, resulting the seat to wobble slightly, the back of the chair to lean backwards, intending the passager to lie down and finally, a patch of the same texture as the expensive-looking chair suddenly bounces from above her feet, giving her more space to put them.

Aurora started wondering what the boys were doing, so she turned her head to the right, immediately seeing Mateo already playing a movie with his chair leaned back. She looks to her left, and feels pissed off at herself after a small giggle escapes her mouth: Romeo was pushing every single button on the remote controller and his seat was moving crazily in all sides. His fluffy hair started dodging back and forth, making it look like as if he wore a wig.

She rolls her eyes under the dramatic scene, trying not to make Romeo too proud of himself for making her laugh. But something Aurora didn't notice, was that he was smiling slightly, feeling victorious at the view of the young woman's giggle.

"Welcome passengers, thank you for choosing this airline. Now that everyone has took a seat, I'm going to explain the weather of today's path.." the masculine voice of the captain explains, rambling and rambling about how rainy and stormy it will be.

Aurora looks around her, wondering who else took business class, she spots an old man, in company of a young girl as they both hold hands.
"Thank you Daddy." She whispers, but it was loud enough for her to hear.

She rolls her eyes, just as she did to Romeo, kind of disgusted. Not even half a second later, a scoff arrives to her ears, she turns her head to the left, and immediately notices that the boy in question had witnessed the scene too, and felt the same way as Aurora did.

She wasn't a big fan of huge age gaps when it's about relationships. Although she had nothing to do with other people's interest, she still felt it was wrong.

The captain had stopped speaking with a small "Thank you for listening, have a good flight.", before turning his microphone off.

It only took a matter of seconds before the plane to start vibrating violently. Everyone was shaking because of all the turbulences, Aurora was in the middle row, so she didn't have a window, but thanks to Mateo, who moved slightly, gesturing to the girl to look outside, she immediately understood that the huge engine was taking off.

It felt as if she was forcefully pushed to sink in her chair when the plane starts moving very rapidly. Aurora's breathing starts to get heavier and she looks around her in panic, wondering if anyone else was stressed.