twenty four

'happy birthday girl' talia came and hugged me, arriving to my party late of course.

'only gorgeous girls show up late' i hugged her back and laughed.

'always' she smiled and walked over to simon who had arrived around an hour ago with the boys.

i looked around at my apartment, the apartment was buzzing. I'd never seen it this full and it wasn't something i wanted to ever see again.
i poured myself another drink and went around making small talk with a few people.

'to be fair you did pull a good lad' layla one of my highschool friends spoke

i haven't seen layla since a few months after leaving highschool, we both just went into our separate paths but kept in contact regularly. It's her first time meeting haz tonight.

'come on come with me' i dragged her by her arm towards harry who was sat with the boys.

'boys this is layla' i smiled, bringing their attention to layla and i.

'hi' she mumbled, nervous.

i looked at her and laughed
'you are never shy' i pushed her onto the sofa tobi was sat on, i took a seat next to harry. He instantly put his arm around my lower back.

'are you okay?' i looked up at harry.
He was being strangely quiet tonight, especially when he's been drinking he's never quiet.

he nodded at me, not saying a murmur
i squeezed his hand causing him to look down at me.

'i'm fine' he replied. I sighed.

'sooo how does it feel to be 21 chlo' josh asked

i shrugged
'no different, quite shit, no drugs nothing'

'you stopped the drugs?!' layla finally piped up
i looked at her and nodded

'boring' she laughed as she pulled out her grinder and weed.

'you don't need to get baked to have a good time' simon said as he dragged me up and on to the coffee table.

'i'm a barbie girl in a barbie world' simon started singing in his talía impression.

'no one can do it better than me' jj also got up on the table and started doing his impression.

i laughed
'talía can do it better than all of you'

once one or two songs had played we all sat down.

'told you, you don't need drugs to have a good time' simon winked and laughed at the same time.

it's been a few hours and harry has been quiet all night, i really don't know why. I've kind of distracted myself and tried to enjoy myself but i just want to know what's up with him.

he's stood out on the balcony, staring out at the star-lit night sky. I quietly approach him and wrap my arms around his waist, standing up on my tippy toes to rest my head on his shoulder. He doesn't say anything for a minute or two.

'having a good night?' he turned his body around so my head could rest on his chest.

'it's been amazing!' i smiled looking up at him. He gave me a quick smile. My smile soon faded into a frown.

'harry, what's wrong?' i huffed getting impatient by now. He looked down at me, rubbing his thumb over my cheek.

'nothi-' he began to make up some stupid lies.

'bullshit haz, you're never quiet on a normal day nevermind at a party' i stepped back and held onto either of his hands.
he didn't respond, all i could see was his eyes fill up with water. I immediately felt guilty, he's obviously been trying to hide whatever it is he's hiding and i'm forcing him to say it. I hugged him and kissed his neck.

'fuck me you lot are boring, come on!' callux raised his voice approaching us.

i held my finger up to my lips still hugging harry.
callux rolled his eyes and left.

'you know you can trust me harry' i said quietly.

'i know' he kissed my forehead.

so what the fuck is wrong with you is what i felt like saying but i knew all he needed right now was comforting.